Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2008, 05:42 PM

Default authorization on Timewarp 2600

My biggest gripe with Digi is how you're expected to jump through hoops in order to get everything you purchased. Once you walk out the door at your local Music Store your on your own. Trying to get someone on Tech Support is like an afternoon chore. Thank God for Spkguitar, he probably answers more questions than anyone and should be on your payroll!

I just purchased an 003, and the only thing in the box (besides the unit) was a 7.3.1 disk and the best manual I've gotten so far. So this means I had to download the 7.4 etc, etc.

But there was absolutely nothing referring to the Ignition Pack 2! (disk or registration cards) On your support page it says if I didn't receive IP2 to contact my dealer and that they are not available from Digidesign. My dealer thinks I'm nuts and I cant get Timewarp authorized, fortunately my other plugs ported over from my older MBox 2 Pro without re-registering them but I'm not sure how...what gives?

Sorry if I sound frustrated but you really wouldn't want to be me right now.
Old 06-29-2008, 12:24 PM

Default Re: authorization on Timewarp 2600

Quote:
Thank God for Spkguitar, he probably answers more questions than anyone and should be on your payroll!
I completely agree!!

Was the box sealed when you bought it?

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 06-29-2008, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Was the box sealed when you bought it?
Oh yeah, the box was sealed and Digi's site says it's not even available through them and to contact your salesman if it didn't come in the original box. It's the first my salesman had heard of it...I should know more tomorrow.

Meanwhile my love/hate relationship continues!
Old 06-30-2008, 06:13 AM

The ignition pack is only available with a new hardware purchase. If the box was sealed (are you sure it hadn't been "re-sealed" by the dealer?), and there is no Ignition Pack disk inside, then the item purchased is "defective" (does not include everything it should) and you should "return" it to the dealer for replacement.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 06-30-2008, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Thank God for Spkguitar, he probably answers more questions than anyone and should be on your payroll!

I ACTUALLY 2ND THAT MOTION!!!!!

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)
Old 06-30-2008, 08:05 AM
Avid

Quote:
The ignition pack is only available with a new hardware purchase. If the box was sealed (are you sure it hadn't been "re-sealed" by the dealer?), and there is no Ignition Pack disk inside, then the item purchased is "defective" (does not include everything it should) and you should "return" it to the dealer for replacement.
Spkguitar is spot-on with this - new product should have come with the IP2. All dealers were given enough IP2 packages for old stock to cover any inventory they may have had. If this was a new piece and the box contained the Ignition Pack, but the pack was missing the installer CD's and registration/activation cards, then you should return the entire system to the dealer and get a replacement - in other words, a new, sealed box that contains a complete Ignition Pack 2.
Old 06-30-2008, 02:51 PM

Dear Digi,
You should just open every post with "Spkguitar is spot-on with this" but this link and quote from the Digi site seems to suggest many boxes went out without IP2 and that this was a known issue:

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...4&itemid=25023

"If you purchased a new Pro Tools|HD or Pro Tools LE hardware system from an authorized Digidesign dealer on or after March 1, 2007, and you did not receive your Ignition Pack 2, contact your Digidesign dealer directly. The Pro Tools Ignition Pack 2 and Ignition Pack 2 Pro are not available from Digidesign, and are not sold separately. They are only included with the purchase of new Pro Tools|HD or Pro Tools LE core hardware systems from your Digidesign dealer. Pro Tools M-Powered systems do not include the Ignition Pack 2 bundle."

This is exactly why I said I needed to contact my dealer Monday...
Old 06-30-2008, 03:26 PM
Avid

Quote:
Dear Digi,
You should just open every post with "Spkguitar is spot-on with this" but this link and quote from the Digi site seems to suggest many boxes went out without IP2 and that this was a known issue:

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...4&itemid=25023

"If you purchased a new Pro Tools|HD or Pro Tools LE hardware system from an authorized Digidesign dealer on or after March 1, 2007, and you did not receive your Ignition Pack 2, contact your Digidesign dealer directly. The Pro Tools Ignition Pack 2 and Ignition Pack 2 Pro are not available from Digidesign, and are not sold separately. They are only included with the purchase of new Pro Tools|HD or Pro Tools LE core hardware systems from your Digidesign dealer. Pro Tools M-Powered systems do not include the Ignition Pack 2 bundle."

This is exactly why I said I needed to contact my dealer Monday...
That link isn't suggesting that any boxes went out without IP2, nor that it was a 'known issue'. What it is there for is to possibly alleviate calls from customers whose dealer forgot to give them the IP2, or who had open stock that did not get the IP2 returned from the customer who returned the box.

The way it works is as I indicated in my post - we sent dealers enough IP2 inventory to cover their current stock. That link states specifically what should be done in the case that you did not get the IP2 that either should a) be in the box in the case of newer stock or b) have been given to you separately by the dealer in the case of older stock.

In an ideal world, a new box will have a sealed IP2 or, if the stock was older and not packed with the IP2 inside, the dealer would have given you the IP2 separately. Obviously we know it's not an ideal world and that we would get questions from those whose did not get the IP2, either in the box (a packing error) or given separately by the dealer (a dealer error). In either case, it's the dealer that would deal with the issue.
Old 06-30-2008, 04:54 PM

I do appreciate your response and understand how difficult it must be.