Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2002, 09:48 PM

Default Center Mouse Button.

Hey, Ijust noticed that the center mouse button in the edit mode toggles between the magnifier, trim, selection, grabber, scrubber, and pencil tool. Has that always been there?
That is SOOOOOOOOOO much more convienient. Wow, I discover somehting new everyday with ProTools.
Old 07-19-2002, 09:15 AM

Default Re: Center Mouse Button.

is this an acutal center mouse button, or would a wheel do the same thing (you know how ou can push in the wheel, as a button). you can click on the bar that underlines the edit,pencil,etc. icons, and that acts as all of them. it sees where your mouse is and gives you whatever tool it thinks you're trying to use. if you are by the end of an audio section it will give you the trimmer tool, if you are on a volume,pan,mute,etc.. mode on a track, it gives you pencil...i don't know if you already knew this.. but this is a good thing to use you don't have to switch so much.
Old 07-19-2002, 09:41 AM

Well, the wheel will work as well. I know the bar tool does the function of all those, but i cant stand that tool, it always does something else then I want it too. Clear and plainly, it is my mistake, and not really the tool, but the center button will cycle through all of them for me.
Old 07-19-2002, 03:57 PM

that sounds like a deal.. i dont like using the all in one tool either. Even so, it doesnt include the zoom tool if i remember. I'll have to try the wheel method.
thats of course when i finally get home from mexico next friday.. i have so much stuff in my head to put down on some tracks.

talking about the zoom tool reminds me;
there are so many times when i'm zoomed in, doin some editing, and ill go and accidentally hit the 'beginning of track' button on the transport, instead of maybe play or rewind (i click stuff so fast, i only have about an 80% accuracy rate lol)
obviously, once i hit this, it puts me at the beginning of the track, so i have to zoom out, find where i was, then zoom back in.
is there a way to like, undo, or go back to where i was quicker, or maybe a 'previous zoom' function..
i remember the dvd talking about those markers, is that my solution??
thnx
Old 07-19-2002, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by metaltim:
there are so many times when i'm zoomed in, doin some editing, and ill go and accidentally hit the 'beginning of track' button on the transport, instead of maybe play or rewind (i click stuff so fast, i only have about an 80% accuracy rate lol)
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">why not use the space bar to play? also, if you really want to zoom around the edit window, get a MS intellimouse and program one of the far side buttons for F5 (zoom tool) and the other for ctrl+[ (zoom out) and you'll be flying....
Old 07-22-2002, 11:13 AM

i do hit space for play/stop, its usually im going to hit the rewind button, and end up hitting the 'beginning of track' button instead

thats a good idea.. i have the intellimouse, so i guess i could customize my buttons, but it still seems like i will be hittting a number of clicks if i accidentally hit the beg. of track button.
i think the little yellow markers are my answer, i need to read up on them.
Old 07-22-2002, 11:40 AM

That's a good one. Hit the number-pad 'enter' (all the way to the right of the keyboard) and PT will drop a memory location right there at your cursor. Hit it again and you don't have to fill out any name-dialog box.

Also the keypad numbers 1 and 2 will do FF and REW for you, if you have PT in Numeric Keypad Transport Mode (Preferences> Operation).