Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2010, 04:46 AM

Default Re: Cannot install bootcamp with digi cards inserted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juraj Bernáth View Post
This has moved really very off topic. I was trying to use PT HD in the same way and I hoped this topic will help me. It's my computer and my problem why I want to use it this way. Start some new thread with never ending discussion about Windows vs. Mac OS.
If is there someone who can help and find out how to use PT HD in Windows 7 via Bootcamp, please share your experiences.
this thread was about installing bootcamp in a mac with pro tools card and not to install protools over a bootcamped windows.
they have macs and they use osx in this section so nobody will help you, i suggest you going to the windows section.

send me a private message and tell me at wich point you are let's see if i can help you cheers.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:00 AM

Quote:
No. I'm not gonna do that, therefore I have no reason to discuss which car or engine is better. It's out of my interests, so why to bother and spend time with something like that. I just want to run PT HD 8 on W7 via boot camp. If you don't, then just simply leave this area and go to your garage. Enjoy your Ferrari.
The reason people get up in arms about this is why would you want the extra headache of doing this? Ain't worth it. Just use PT HD under OSX and be done with it.

QAPLA!
Old 02-11-2010, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
The reason people get up in arms about this is why would you want the extra headache of doing this? Ain't worth it. Just use PT HD under OSX and be done with it.
I'm using it this way and I'm fine with it. I have my reasons why I try to use it via bootcamp, but it seems that it doesn't work properly. I was just surprised how it changed in that stupid dilema which OS is better.
I give up.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerman View Post
this thread was about installing bootcamp in a mac with pro tools card and not to install protools over a bootcamped windows.
they have macs and they use osx in this section so nobody will help you, i suggest you going to the windows section.

send me a private message and tell me at wich point you are let's see if i can help you cheers.
I'll do. Thanks! I just can't really find PM button.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:08 AM

Quote:

but it seems that it doesn't work properly.
PT is already pushing the very limits of what the computer (any computer) can handle...
You can't really complain that it "doesn't work properly" as it's not a supported method of working (for lots of very good reasons).
Why add another (frankly pretty unreliable) level of OS?

Great if you really want to do that, but you shouldn't be surprised that it doesn't work well.

Quote:
I give up.
Yep. Probably best.
PT works just fine on a Mac
Old 02-11-2010, 06:19 AM

Quote:
I'll do. Thanks! I just can't really find PM button.
it looks like it's disabled on this forum :/

btw if you have already installed pt successfully i cannot help you further, i suggest you report any issue you have on the windows section..
cheers
Old 02-11-2010, 06:28 AM

Quote:

btw if you have already installed pt successfully i cannot help you further, i suggest you report any issue you have on the windows section..
cheers
For PM's it all depends on how you have your user control panel and contact info setup. Some people don't have PM's or email setup there so there's no way to send them either type of message.

QAPLA!
Old 02-11-2010, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Atkinson View Post
PT is already pushing the very limits of what the computer (any computer) can handle...
You can't really complain that it "doesn't work properly" as it's not a supported method of working (for lots of very good reasons).
Why add another (frankly pretty unreliable) level of OS?

Great if you really want to do that, but you shouldn't be surprised that it doesn't work well.

Yep. Probably best.
PT works just fine on a Mac
It doesn't help to anyone what are you posting here. I'm not even complaining. Just trying to find out how to make it works. I have a song from Rihana in head. It's about driving.

Quote:

cheers
Thanks!
Old 08-10-2011, 02:27 PM

I've been trying to install Windows XP via bootcamp 3.0 and when I start installing the Bootcamp drivers for my wifi and such to work, I keep getting the bsod and then can't start windows ... it says the pci.sys is missing or corrupt, and i can't seem to get the recovery console to appear.

Is the problem really the HD cards? I could remove them, reinstall windows and the bootcamp drivers, and not run into this error?

Googling the pci.sys missing error gets mostly results from 4-5 years ago, when Bootcamp was in beta, so it's likely that the hd cards are causing the problem right? Should I remove my UAD-2 card as well?

Thanks for the help
Old 08-10-2011, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meech View Post
I've been trying to install Windows XP via bootcamp 3.0 and when I start installing the Bootcamp drivers for my wifi and such to work, I keep getting the bsod and then can't start windows ... it says the pci.sys is missing or corrupt, and i can't seem to get the recovery console to appear.

Is the problem really the HD cards? I could remove them, reinstall windows and the bootcamp drivers, and not run into this error?

Googling the pci.sys missing error gets mostly results from 4-5 years ago, when Bootcamp was in beta, so it's likely that the hd cards are causing the problem right? Should I remove my UAD-2 card as well?

Thanks for the help
for me was like this:

1 - remove digi cards
2 - install win+bootcamp
3 - insert digi card
4 - boot in safe mode
5 - disable all digi cards from hadrware devices in windows
6 - restart normally

if you don't boot in safe mode and disable that you will probably still get bsod....

hope this helps bb