Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2010, 06:46 AM

Default Re: Cannot install bootcamp with digi cards inserted

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerman View Post
btw you're right i have better and more useful things to do than play games and writing into this thread that really brings to nothing, there's no way to have a constructive talk here.
Well that's because you have no knowledge of the gibberish you're scribbling here. You sound like someone who never used a CPU for more than playing solitaire. Or maybe TURBO solitaire after you tuned the CPU.

Quote:
is like going to an official soccer team forum and say that their coach sucks.
But you did not say that. You said that the football should be a square instead of round. If you had had some criticism about digi that would be an analogy of bashing the coach.

Quote:
i come here because the issue is with pro tools card and mac pro, so i thougth that everyone here has pro-tools cards and a mac pro, there was no better place, and it was fine, until i've started saying bad things about osx....
again my intention was to be useful, but someone has started stating that win sucks and blablabla like always.....
All my years reading forums I have never seen anyone managing to contradict himself so much and not understand what he wrote two posts ago.

OP or should I refer to you as OD because whatever you just inhaled; "...it was too much"
Old 02-02-2010, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25ghosts View Post
Well that's because you have no knowledge of the gibberish you're scribbling here. You sound like someone who never used a CPU for more than playing solitaire. Or maybe TURBO solitaire after you tuned the CPU.

But you did not say that. You said that the football should be a square instead of round. If you had had some criticism about digi that would be an analogy of bashing the coach.

All my years reading forums I have never seen anyone managing to contradict himself so much and not understand what he wrote two posts ago.

OP or should I refer to you as OD because whatever you just inhaled; "...it was too much"
you have lighted on the fire with
2) OS X is superior to Windows in any aspect.
there was really the need to spit sentences like that ?
i cant' see any contractiction in what i 've said sorry
also do you really need to offend me? are you happy now?

Quote:
He'll go away soon enough. It's a sad typicality that we see, even now, with people and their 'but ... You can't overclock! ...and there are no 3rd party apps!...' which is actually all untrue.
yes in fact i can easly find a tool to check if turbo boost is working

Quote:
Everything the OP said about Max OS X was innacurate
like what?

screen refresh is slow
turbo boost feature is claimed by apple but it looks it doesn't works
most of third party apps are slower on osx
Audiounit and RTAS plug-ins has no midi out
No way to disable unused tasks/services in an easy way in osx
"processor" prefpane is bugged in 10.5.8 with nehalem cpus
no way to share a disk with samba before 10.5.x (only with sharepoint)

is that inaccurate? it's just true.

the only inaccurate thing should be about the password, maybe it was 10.2? can't remember exactly

Quote:
and I'm sure if we busted into his thread over in Windows land talking smack about how thinly secured Win x is, and how rock-solid OS X was, he'd call us fanboys and tell us to take a piss.
i'm sorry you've got a bad idea of who i am, but i have not offended anyone of you, but instead of give proofs to prove that what i'm saying is not true you are attacking me.

please mods close this thread. it's enough
Old 02-02-2010, 08:19 AM

Quote:
you have lighted on the fire with
2) OS X is superior to Windows in any aspect.
there was really the need to spit sentences like that ?
I wasn't spitting anything. Just stating an obvious fact.
Do you really think I/we use Mac OS X because we are fan boys.
I'll always use what is best. If that be Windows tomorrow. I am there.

Quote:
i cant' see any contractiction in what i 've said sorry
I bet you cant. Hence me writing what I did.

Quote:
also do you really need to offend me? are you happy now?
You have insulted the entire intelligence of this very forum.
I have made a few funny remarks about your person. You should be used to that talking the talk you talk.

Yeah, I am a pretty happy guy in general. Your posts or the things I say to you in them does nothing to that.
This is virtuality baby cant smell it, cant see it so no use in gobbling it for supper.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:54 AM

was not my intention to create all of this confusion
what about stop ?
it looks like opinion divergences are not much tolerated here.

i've write this thread thinking this:
"well it's better if i advise the pt hd community that they should encounter problems installing win with pt cards inserted on this mac pro, so they know it and they will not lose 1 day like i did to understand what's the problem in case they need to install it"

i've tried also to make a little guide on the second thread....

the result is that i'm a troll just because i do not agree to your statement that osx is better than win in any aspect.
i've tried to explain my point of view and why i do not agree with you, that's it.

Your statement is subjective, and "any aspect" is a bit too much, in "some aspect" you're probably right.

I hope we will meet again somewhere else on this forum hopefully talking about something more useful and stirctly related to pro-tools usage.

regards.
and i'm not offended, fyi :)
Old 02-02-2010, 09:10 AM

Quote:
was not my intention to create all of this confusion
what about stop ?
it looks like opinion divergences are not much tolerated here.

i've write this thread thinking this:
"well it's better if i advise the pt hd community that they should encounter problems installing win with pt cards inserted on this mac pro, so they know it and they will not lose 1 day like i did to understand what's the problem in case they need to install it"

i've tried also to make a little guide on the second thread....

the result is that i'm a troll just because i do not agree to your statement that osx is better than win in any aspect.
i've tried to explain my point of view and why i do not agree with you, that's it.

Your statement is subjective, and "any aspect" is a bit too much, in "some aspect" you're probably right.

I hope we will meet again somewhere else on this forum hopefully talking about something more useful and stirctly related to pro-tools usage.

regards.
and i'm not offended, fyi :)
Divergent opinions are welcome here, it's just that the topic you posted on has absolutely no meaning here and you should have realized that early on, or even before you posted your nonsense. If you had even bothered to do some REAL research on what you say then you'd have realized what you blabber on about is wrong.

Oh yeah - Apple has nothin to do with turbo boost - that's from Intel the chip maker - big difference. That's one mistake you've made. Others have picked apart the rest of your so-called arguments. By your last statement you want people to take you seriously in the future? Not by what has happened so far - your reputation WILL proceed you, especially when you try and make specious arguments. The again these words probably mean nothing to you. Give respect, get respect.

QAPLA!
Old 02-02-2010, 09:27 AM

i did real research about TB!!
done many tests!!!
tried even with vmware and with 10.6.x
and it's not intel fault cause in bootcamped windows it works!!
i've read also that in some linux distro is not working because of the kernel that doesn't supports it.
I don't know exactly how it works in osx, if it's a kernel issue or whatever, but it looks that it doesn't works
But intel has nothing to do with this issue, i think it's an osx software related problem, cause if it was hardware related it shouldn't work also in botcamped windows.
and again nobody can say it for sure cause we are missing a tool to check it on osx.
i do not see any nonsense in that...
Old 02-02-2010, 01:14 PM

Quote:
i did real research about TB!!
done many tests!!!
tried even with vmware and with 10.6.x
and it's not intel fault cause in bootcamped windows it works!!
i've read also that in some linux distro is not working because of the kernel that doesn't supports it.
I don't know exactly how it works in osx, if it's a kernel issue or whatever, but it looks that it doesn't works
But intel has nothing to do with this issue, i think it's an osx software related problem, cause if it was hardware related it shouldn't work also in botcamped windows.
and again nobody can say it for sure cause we are missing a tool to check it on osx.
i do not see any nonsense in that...
You don't need Turbo Boost in OSX. There. Take that with you.

You don't need to turn off stuff in the backround for OS X. Just follow Digi's guide with Spotlight / Dock shortcuts, etc.

You don't need to be boot-camping stuff on an HD rig. Keep it simple.

Stop comparing the two. Stop posting in Max OS X forum with 'help' about installing the least stable/workable OS being sold today. I don't care how much more it looks/acts like a Mac now, it isn't.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:16 AM

This has moved really very off topic. I was trying to use PT HD in the same way and I hoped this topic will help me. It's my computer and my problem why I want to use it this way. Start some new thread with never ending discussion about Windows vs. Mac OS.
If is there someone who can help and find out how to use PT HD in Windows 7 via Bootcamp, please share your experiences.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:00 AM

I just put an engine from a 1978 Honda Accord (beige) into my brand new Ferrari 430 Scuderia.

It's rubbish.

Just thought I'd let you all know, just in case anyone else was considering doing this....
Old 02-11-2010, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Atkinson View Post
I just put an engine from a 1978 Honda Accord (beige) into my brand new Ferrari 430 Scuderia.

It's rubbish.

Just thought I'd let you all know, just in case anyone else was considering doing this....
No. I'm not gonna do that, therefore I have no reason to discuss which car or engine is better. It's out of my interests, so why to bother and spend time with something like that. I just want to run PT HD 8 on W7 via boot camp. If you don't, then just simply leave this area and go to your garage. Enjoy your Ferrari.