Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2000, 10:01 PM

Default Bug Report (sort of)....

Okay, it's not really a bug but a very 'minor' annoyance.

When I double click on the bar countoff button (or whatever it's called) in the transport window, I am usually doing so to change the number of bars in my countoff. I don't know about the rest of you, but I am constantly changing this number, based on the situation. Sometimes I want more bars (to give me time to get behind the drum kit) or fewer if I don't want to wait around for the tune to start. Rarely do I change the metronome's MIDI note number, yet this is the default box which is active when opening the countoff window. I have this nasty habit of double clicking the countoff button, then quickly typing in a new number for countoff and just hitting enter. But instead of changing the countoff, I end up changing my MIDI note assignment for the metronome instead. So, I have to open it again, reset the MIDI note number, move the mouse down to the countoff field, click to activate it, then enter a number from the keyboard, and hit enter. That adds about 2 sceonds to the task (which, okay, is rididulously fine). But it's these little thought-out features that I took for granted in Logic, I guess. (ouch, that hurt)

Thanks!

CS
Nashville, TN
www.fabmusic.com