Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-13-2018, 06:39 PM

Default Pro Tools 10 plugin loading issue

Hello all this is my first post here..... and I am new to pro tools

I brought Pro Tools Perpetual bundle 10/11/12, that also included a pro tools plan (12 months)

I have gone through the process of registration with avid, registered the licences with my iLok account and transferred the 10, 11, 12 along with the perpetual lic to the iLok dongle that came with Pro Tools.....

Now I know my puter isn’t probably the best system to run pro tools on and I will upgrading in the very near future..... I loaded 10 so I can start to learn and get my head around the software..... however Pro Tools does seem to run well enough as far as my limited experience with Pro Tools can tell. I managed to record a quick guitar track....etc...etc....

The problem I’m getting is a bunch of plugins (60 infact, listed below) won’t either load because of either driver or iLok lic issues. I have included images of the dialogboxes that are thrown up and the final dialogbox where it asks you if you want to moved the plugins. I tried the dongle directly into both USB hub and also directly into a USB port on my lappy.Pro Tools eventually starts running after you click through all of the dialogboxes.

So I’m wondering whether I have installed all the files I need from Avid. Avid’s download site is a little confusing in that it doesn’t tell you out of all the files loaded into your account what you need for a particular ver like 10. I grabbed the two zip files noted under the Legacy section pertaining to Ver 10.

Pro_Tools_10.3.10_Win.zip
Avid_Virtual_Instruments_10_Installer_73466.zip

I use a Steinberg UR44 with the driver already installed and Pro Tools 10 recognised as I used a template PT 10 to record the guitar earlier mentioned.

So how do I get these plugins working, surely PT wouldn’t install plugins it wasn’t going to give you licenses for as a clean installation. There is a driver one of the dialogboxes asks for “TPkd” where do I get that?

I’m thinking maybe I haven’t grabbed everything PT 10 needs off Avid’s DL site possibly. I have looked through the forum but can’t seem to find a similar issue.

I do run Cubase 9.5 AI on the same machine, but hard to see how that would effect driver and lic issues.

Any help would be muchly appreciated, big thanks in advance.

Kind regards
Rob

Toshiba Notebook, intel(R) Core(TM) i5 M430 @ 2.27GHz, 4Gb RAM (yup chug chug)
Win 7 64bit, looking to upgrade my puter shortly.
Pro Tools 10/11/12 bundle, Steinberg UR44

List of plugins
BF-76.aaxplugin
LoFi.aaxplugin
Maxim.aaxplugin
RectiFi.aaxplugin
SciFi.aaxplugin
VariFi.aaxplugin
AIRChorus.dpm
AIRDistortion.dpm
AIRDynamicDelay.dpm
AIREnhancer.dpm