Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2012, 08:50 AM

Default Re: You guys helped once, please help again: swirling noise

Hey man. Mind sharing your settings for this clip? I find that I get some swirl when I push the "poweramp" of the amp block, on amps like the Plexi or especially on the Variac Plexi. Try backing off on the master volume of the amp block (not the output volume but the amp's master) and if you need some extra bite try compensating with a Dist block using its Gain while keeping the Volume low enough not to overdrive the amp. Also, I find I can minimize the 'swirl' and the loose sputter-ness by lowering the Bass parameter in the amp block...like on a real plexi, if you have the master cranked with a lot of lows dialed in, you'll get more of the unmanageable breakup and less of the 'kerrang' if you will.
Old 06-23-2012, 03:57 PM

I have my 11rack for 3 days, and this plexi swirl is very annoying.

Here is a record of my Telecaster (am std) - preset is Volcanic plexi, without the mod effect engaged. 11 rack output to amp (full rig out) into Fast Track Pro input.
http://m.soundcloud.com/pingafuego/test2

Thanks for any oppinion regarding some problem with my unit.

Thanks
Old 06-24-2012, 04:42 PM

Here is a recording of my Eleven Rack.

It's my Am Std telecaster. The patch is E2 Vari Volcanic, with mod effect (Orange Phaser) off. The 11r goes into a Fast Track Pro instrument input, recorded with Pro Tools 10 in my Mac Book Pro. Output to amp is set full rig out.

http://soundcloud.com/pingafuego/test2

I can hear some swirl when playing power chords in the low E string. I heard real plexi videos on youtube, and they seem to be fizzy too.

Thanks for any opinions regarding my unit (if it could be defective or with some kind of trouble). It's a Pro Tools LE unit, upgraded with Expansion Pack.

Thanks!