Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2010, 08:57 AM

Default yup...6031s....

i finally feel everyones pain now. They keep popping up out of nowhere. fresh format on my HD, PT 8.0.3...6031s all over the place. cant mix, i hate my life.

Kevin
Old 01-15-2010, 10:06 AM

Default Re: yup...6031s....

welcom to the dark place.
Go back to cs3 and forget .01

I voted at www.deardigi.com
Old 01-16-2010, 04:34 AM

does 8.0.3 not help?

PT10HD5 PCIX in 64Bit Magma Chassis,
2x192io's + 2x96io's & Legacy io's
Pro Control & Fader Pack
UAD2 Quad, Octo & All Plugins
Black Lion Audio Modified MOTU 24io and 2408MK3 x2
TC Powercore PCI MK2 x2 & Firewire

Softube, Sonnox, Eventide, SSL, McDSP, Waves
Old 01-30-2010, 12:24 PM

ok im only gettong 6031's on bounce down, i cant bounce my current project down at all,

Anyone have an idea of another way for me to bounce down?

Pro Control & Fader Pack

Old 01-30-2010, 04:53 PM
Avid

Meat (or anyone else experiencing this issue) -

As I keep saying - this is a configuration issue, not a bug in Pro Tools.

We have confirmation from Fullsound that they were able to alleviate the 6031 errors by reversing the order of the cards in their computer and updating their ethernet drivers.

If you want assistance from us, we must have access to your computer - given there are literally thousands of possible configurations out there, we need to see what we're working with to be able to possible fix it.

Please contact us using the tech support request form and indicate this thread number (264201) in the subject of the email.
Old 01-30-2010, 06:02 PM

dts this is not proof (no disrespect to fullsound or dts) i've been trying to stay out of this................ to full sound ( i hope i'm wrong ) if you have it licked please try uninstalling protools then reinstall, run for a few days and let us know if you get any 6031's

reversing the card order is just a shot in the dark which did not work for me.nor did the ethernet drivers or the drivers from earlier versions of protools as paul v suggested we try. there is no solid proof that this is the cure.

to dts, fullsound now has the noise bursts as a result of his swapping card order attempt. what are your thoughts on that? on my system i have a very weak (wish i had something more solid) workaround that makes the 6031's go away. this involves no card swapping or updating of any drivers. so far it has worked every time except, when i tried win7 with a ssd 6031 would not go away! in xp it works everytime

i agree to a point with some about coumputers be compatible but, also think it is a weak argument as well............. our same computers have been working fine with earlier versions of protools working long ours everyday without any 6031 errors. pt 8cs2 and above arrives, nothing but problems. dts states the program has changed in some ways that it is more strict......... put it back to the way it was

we've lost so much time with these problems i'm sure like myself that it has put everyone behind schedule. it is impossible for me to send my computer to digi and be down for how many days???????? can't do it.
just a hunch but at times i feel the noise bursts and the ring modulation type looping problems are all related in some way

where are all these people that have solved there 6031 problems because of configuration issues?????????? why have none of them posted what they have done that fixed thier machines. i hope this post was not considered angry or a flame job to any

i have a 98% workaround,i'm good,am able to work. i would like this to be solved for those that can not make them go away.offer still stands to discuss my workaround on skype with anyone that has the time
Old 01-30-2010, 08:51 PM

I just killed a NS10 tweet from the noise no less than 4 min ago.

I have extra tweets but they are getting rare and i would like to kill a tweet on my own not from white noise bursts.

My clock stays showing locked when this happens.

I have never had this issue in this room.
this is scarry as all get out man.

This white noise thing is crazzy stuff.

Jeff shoot me that VI @ ???? email again man
Or ill just email jeff about this. Lets see if we can fix this one now.

:0

My 6031's are gone. I am at like a 256 HW setting and all others at defaults..

I voted at www.deardigi.com
Old 01-30-2010, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Meat (or anyone else experiencing this issue) -

As I keep saying - this is a configuration issue, not a bug in Pro Tools.

We have confirmation from Fullsound that they were able to alleviate the 6031 errors by reversing the order of the cards in their computer and updating their ethernet drivers.

If you want assistance from us, we must have access to your computer - given there are literally thousands of possible configurations out there, we need to see what we're working with to be able to possible fix it.

Please contact us using the tech support request form and indicate this thread number (264201) in the subject of the email.

What? It's not a bug in protools? Are you telling this without feeling ashamed? I still remember, not too long ago, someone of you said youre team was working on this and have fixed some of the problem. now you tell me it's not a bug in protools? OK. Since you said it's a configuration issue, please tell me what to do. I have posted my Sandra's Report here a long time.

I know maybe this post will be deleted in few hours or minutes. But I have to say, digi you have totally dissapointed me not because the problem of your software, but for the attitude you treat them!
Old 01-31-2010, 02:17 AM

DTS i am using a P7 64 bit Magma chassis are you saying i should be changing my card order too?
Also my network ports are disabled in BIOS.

I never had this error until 8.0.1 came along (im on 8.0.3 now)

I only get the error every time i try to perform a bounce down. and very occasionally on playback but not in great quantities.

Pro Control & Fader Pack

Old 01-31-2010, 05:13 AM

Hello everyone i had the same issue about 6031 and i have found a solution for my PC (Gigabyte AM3, Phenom II, win7-64bit), i have turn off the onboard usb controler and bought a usb controler card on PCI(cheapest one with via6012) !! not PCIe because of this movement Windows gave other IRQ for USB controllers even with working onboard Ethernet controler every thing works great with out errors try it!