Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Old 08-11-2014, 07:06 AM

Default Pro Tools M-Powered

I have a "Dongel" with the License number for the above. I lost my installer cd. I play with Pro Tools just as a hobby. I do not have an idea for which M-Powered software the license is. I lost the hard drive on the computer that I used. Can anybody offer any advice PLEASE!
Old 08-11-2014, 10:01 AM
Admin Emeritus

Default Re: Pro Tools M-Powered

(moved to Pro Tools M-Powered Windows forum)

There is nothing in the Avid registration records or at iLok.com for your email address, so unable to look it up on either of those places.

If you previously created an account at iLok.com to manage your iLok, then it must have been with a different email address.

If the license is on your iLok, but you never registered the iLok to an account at iLok.com, you can still do that.
  1. Download the iLok License Manager from www.iLok.com
  2. Install the application
  3. Create an iLok.com account using the tutorials on their website
  4. Sync your iLok to your account
The iLok License Manager will show what license is installed on your iLok. That's what you will need to know first so that you can find out what version of M-Powered software you need.

Keep in mind that Pro Tools M-Powered requires an M-Audio interface to launch, not just the license and the software. See this Knowledge Base article for more information: Pro Tools M-Powered for Windows Compatibility.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:13 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools M-Powered

Do you have an iLok1 (blue or red with green LED) or iLok2 (black/gray with blue LED)?

M-Powered 7 and 8 licenses was originally delivered on iLok1 (red).

MP 9 licenses was originally delivered on iLok2.

But of course the license could have been moved around to any iLok species.