Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2014, 06:23 PM

Default Re: Fast Track Ultra & Mavericks 10.9 STILL NOT WORKING

This is an Avid please fix your mess BUMP...anyone else can join in

Old 04-05-2014, 05:01 PM

Been trying to get my Fast Track ultra to work ever since november 2013 when i upgradet to Mavericks.

It still doesnt work.
Even with the latest driver I have no output and computer crashes and restart every 15 min or so (et never does that ever). It doesnt work with Logic, albeton live even garageband.

Been going over all the forums i could find and have spend hours and hours trying different workarounds. Its completely useless and it pisses me off! Whats the news? Any progress? Or should i just burn the thing...
Old 04-06-2014, 05:47 AM

Try plugging into a USB hub instead of directly to your Mac. I found this idea on the other big thread regarding the problem and it worked for me.

Old 04-20-2014, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbuzzard View Post
Try plugging into a USB hub instead of directly to your Mac. I found this idea on the other big thread regarding the problem and it worked for me.
Thanks, that seems to work for me as well. Before I always had a complete shutdown from Mavericks 10.9.1 when I turned on the Fasttrack Ultra 8r, but now it´s working fine.
Old 04-23-2014, 03:17 PM
Avid

Hi All,

As you know, there is an issue with no audio output from Avid USB audio interfaces running OS X 10.9. This issue affects a subset of Apple Core 2 Duo machines and is described in greater detail here. I'd like to provide an update on this issue.

It was first brought to our attention in November of 2013. A significant effort was made to reproduce this issue in-house and gather more information. Some examples:

Re: Mbox 3 Not working with OSX Mavericks
Re: Mbox 3 Not working with OSX Mavericks
Re: No output sound coming form my Fast-Track C600
Re: Mavericks and Fast Track Ultra 8r problems
Re: Fast Track Ultra & Mavericks 10.9 STILL NOT WORKING

Unfortunately, reproducing the issue proved challenging and took a while to really nail down. Once we had a system reproducing the problem, we were able to investigate root cause. We determined that code changes would be needed in Avid’s drivers, and not in OS X as once thought a possibility.

Normally, we'd try to fix the issue and release the fix as part of our regular quarterly driver update process. However, in this case the systems reproducing this issue were never qualified and never tested with OS X 10.9. The machines qualified with OS X 10.9 are the same as those qualified with Pro Tools 11. None of which are Core 2 Duo machines. As standard practice, we only offer compatibility updates for qualified systems. Where we could have been clearer is providing this information directly on the driver pages. We are fixing this by updating our driver pages to link directly to the qualified machine and OS version support pages. You can see an example of this on the Mbox driver page for driver v1.2. We will continue to improve our driver compatibility messaging so it’s clear what constitutes a qualified system.

The work required to investigate, test, and develop drivers for unqualified, untested, and unsupported systems would be extensive. It's not something we can do without sacrificing resources devoted to qualified and supported systems. We go to great lengths to provide compatibility and support information to ensure the greatest chance of success for our users. But, it’s simply not possible to support every possible system configuration. This means we won't be releasing any driver updates to address this issue. The good news is that we have reports that connecting the audio interface to a USB 2.0 hub restores audio functionality. Although, not a supported solution, it has proved to work for users encountering this issue. We have updated the following knowledge base article to reflect this information: No audio from Avid Audio Interface with Mac OS X Mavericks on some Core 2 Duo Macs

Hopefully, this adds some clarity. Thanks for your time and understanding.
Berkeley, CA
Old 06-02-2014, 06:50 PM

Add me to the list of former Avid customers. I am a WHQL and SCEA certified hardware engineer. I call crap on your driver explanation. There is not only no support for Mavericks on a Core2 Duo, but there is not even a driver selection for the 8R on your support page for ANY OS! Someone dropped the ball on compliance testing apparently so you just want to drop support and blame the age of the computer. The Core2 Duo is not that old. My 2009 MBP is fine with all other USB audio hardware I use on Mavericks INCLUDING my own company's products. For Avid to abandon it and use the excuse that they just couldn't use the resources to pin it down is turning your backs on a whole class of audio engineers who wish to continue to use their equipment that they have a serious investment in. I'll be damned if I purchase another Mac to fix a problem with your drivers that should have been addressed when Mavericks was in Beta! I will sell my newly acquired M-Audio box (the second that I have owned) and buy a competing product from a manufacturer that cares enough about their customers to support a machine that Apple saw fit to fully support in it's current OS. I will never buy another Avid product again--I will be sure and warn any potential buyers that it will not work with Mavericks on their Core2 duo but WILL work if you use a cheesy hub inline. What a load of crap. You should fire your lead dev. This is inexcusable!
Old 06-07-2014, 07:58 AM

It's just unbelievable! I am Electronic Engineer in Brazil and work for an automation company and for Machine Builders, and a rule is when you put some product in the market you should support at least for 10 years! You are just kicking our asses. If your objective is to kill MAUDIO brand you are just in the way. Keep going!

Daniel Giraldi
[email protected]
Old 06-14-2014, 12:56 PM

AVID is not going to fix this issue all their going to do is wait it out and soon everyone who had the problem will fall by the wayside like their actions prove. If this were a new product you can but your high priced Pro Tools system is would be fixed. I just hope they don't do this with the Eleven Rack I like using it in Reason.
Old 07-12-2014, 09:48 AM

Wow, i thought maybe after months and months this would have been fixed. In checking i am appalled that avid will not support a machine that really isnt that old. My home rig has been down for months. And to be honest my HDX rig at the studio on PT 11.2 is disastrous. I cant even do simple tasks like import audio or bounce to disk. I cant believe how bad avid is getting. I wish they would get better because i do like pro tools when it works which lately is hardly ever.
Old 07-12-2014, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AURORA4DTH View Post
Wow, i thought maybe after months and months this would have been fixed. In checking i am appalled that avid will not support a machine that really isnt that old. My home rig has been down for months. And to be honest my HDX rig at the studio on PT 11.2 is disastrous. I cant even do simple tasks like import audio or bounce to disk. I cant believe how bad avid is getting. I wish they would get better because i do like pro tools when it works which lately is hardly ever.
I went ahead and a bought the new M-Audio MTrack-2 you just plug it in and it works. M-Audio takes care of their users.