Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2020, 10:17 PM

Default Billing country and state cannot be changed because you have active subscriptions

Hi all,

I'm trying to download a humble eBook (Pro Tools Fundamentals) but when I go to redeem the SKU, I get asked to validate my billing address.

When I try validating my address, I get asked to provide a State or Province (which I do).

But then when I try to confirm the changes, I get the message "Billing country and state cannot be changed because you have active subscriptions".

I presume the "active subscription" is Sibelius. I've tried de-activating Sibelius through Avid Link and then trying to do the updates but get the same message.

I notice others have had this problem and I'm hoping a work-around that doesn't require the Avid support team to get involved has been implemented. I've logged two support jobs with Avid but crickets so far.

I'm supposed to be starting a Pro Tools course next week so I'm kinda keen do get the download working and also I'm a bit worried I'll hit the same problems when I try installing Pro Tools.

Thanks all!

Simon
Windows 10
Sibelius | Ultimate 2019.12
Old 01-07-2020, 11:02 PM

Default Re: Billing country and state cannot be changed because you have active subscriptions

Hi, welcome to the community.

Subscription is not deactivated when you deactivate your software. Your sub is active as long as you have time left.

I hope your support cases will lead to a solution that works for you.
Old 01-07-2020, 11:03 PM

Default Re: Billing country and state cannot be changed because you have active subscriptions

Escalated this, for what it is worth. Noticed your course is starting next week so not so many days to wait for your download to work.
Old 01-09-2020, 01:12 AM

Many thanks for the welcome and for clarifying Janne! Hopefully I'll hear from the support team soon.

Cheers,

Simon
Windows 10
Sibelius | Ultimate 2019.12