Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2014, 07:48 AM

Default How to delete preferences and data bases

Using PT express 10.3.4 AVID Mbox mini / Windows 7 home premium, 64 bit system, service pack 1. PT was fine until I pulled monitor input jacks from monitor outs on Mbox to source audio outs from mother board. Then reconnected monitor input jacks to Mbox monitor outputs. Then when I started PT up, a couple seconds into loading I get a prompt: "could not complete your request because access violations occurred, unable to read location 0x00000008"
I uninstalled a recent problematic plugin, same prompt, double checked Audio controller that it was "6-Avid Mbox Mini - Avid" set as default, "This device working properly" Drivers installed C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\AvidMboxMini.sys.
Not sure what else might need be checked with that. So now from what I've gathered from various others I should try deleting "Preferences and Data Bases" I'm not sure how to do that correctly/safely. Don't want to screw things up worse then they are. I'm also considering an uninstall/reinstall as last resort. Thank you and good morning

Last edited by ArtAFacts; 07-14-2014 at 09:04 AM.
Old 07-14-2014, 08:53 AM

Default Re: How to delete preferences and data bases

Before that I would hold down N key while the system is at the PT splash screen....

Prefs - search the user guitardom and he has a link for a small program that will trash the prefs for you... Freeware
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 07-14-2014, 09:10 AM

Thanks, will try the N key and check out freeware with guitardom,
Like the catchers mitt advice too.
Old 07-14-2014, 11:24 AM

Tried holding N key at PT splash screen but went to blue screen mini dump.
Recovered ok, but afraid to try again. However found out how to delete preferences at: http://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/...s-preferences/ after doing that I started PT and this time the splash screen went much further, went to loading plug-ins then stopped at plug-in titled: "TL InTune.dpm" with the prompt now reading: "could not complete your request because access violations occurred, unable to read location 0XBD8C0A91" Does anyone know what Plug-in "TL InTune.dpm" is?
thanks.
Old 07-14-2014, 11:45 AM

TL Intune is a tuner (like a guitar tuner). Try moving this file over to your unused plugin folder and see if Pro Tools loads up properly, or hangs up on a different plugin.

Digi 002 rack , Command 8, Behringer ADA 8000, Tascam M-320B Mixer, Alesis Monitor Two Speakers, Vintage and Modern Tube Amps, Fender American Strat, 1973 Gibson SB-450 Bass, Epiphone Les Paul Traditional Pro, Roland W-30 Keyboard, Preimier XPK Fusion Drum Kit.
Old 07-14-2014, 11:56 AM

Yep what he said ^
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 07-14-2014, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtAFacts View Post
Tried holding N key at PT splash screen but went to blue screen mini dump.
Recovered ok, but afraid to try again. However found out how to delete preferences at: http://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/...s-preferences/ after doing that I started PT and this time the splash screen went much further, went to loading plug-ins then stopped at plug-in titled: "TL InTune.dpm" with the prompt now reading: "could not complete your request because access violations occurred, unable to read location 0XBD8C0A91" Does anyone know what Plug-in "TL InTune.dpm" is?
thanks.
As you start deleting those plugs that hang on pt startup , just take notice of all those plugs you delete , and the further error messages if deleting the plugs is not fixing the problem.

.... , as I was once (all of a sudden) getting those error messages in pt-11 .... , and eventually i also started deleting those plugs like you , and as I did , I realized it didnt matter what plug I deleted , Pt would just find another plug to hang on during startup.

...., I eventually resorted to a full clean install of windows etc, but I hope you can fix it and not have to resort to those drastic measures as I did
Old 07-14-2014, 06:45 PM

Thank you DavoBali, WOW, that seems to be what's happening. It hangs on the last plugin (alphabetically) I cut them out one at a time and past them into another folder on memory stick, so I have them but they are not accessible.
But when I go back to start PT it hangs on the next in line and so on. The thought of reinstalling the entire OS does seem a very drastic measure.
Have you been trouble free since your drastic measure? I would hate to think reinstalling the OS just for PT might be an occasional event.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:40 PM

... as the world turns. Now I have got to the point were I have removed all the plug-ins. So now PT splash hangs at "Loading plug-ins" I did leave one file in the plug-Ins folder "iZotope Radius Win32.dll" seems it is the only file in the plug-ins folder that is not a plug-in. If I don't leave that file in the Plug-Ins folder then PT splash prompts "Unable to locate hardware" This Plug-Ins folder is located: (C:) Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Digidesign\DAE\Plug-Ins The "iZotope Radius Win32.dll" file must be what PT uses to locate my Mbox. I'm sorta guessing of course, my brain has roaches now.
Old 07-14-2014, 08:06 PM

FOLLOW UP: The "iZotope Radius Win32.dll" file had nothing to do with PT splash prompting "Unable to locate hardware" it was that I had taken out the "Plug-Ins" folder it's self. "Plug-Ins" folder has to be in "DAE" folder even if it is empty or PT splash will prompt "Unable to locate hardware" guess I'll be back on it tomorrow. good night all, thank you!