How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2015, 06:06 AM

Default Network Problem with Artist Control

Hi All,

This is my first post here to hello to everyone.

I am having a strange problem with my artist control.

Initially it was working fine, but then all of a sudden on boot up i got the message that eucon couldn't connect to the network. I tried the network repair on windows and it said that the reason for the problem was an invalid IP address.

I then plugged the artist control into my other ethernet connection (a 3rd party gigabit card) and again it worked fine for a while, and now i have the same problem with this also.

I have even had to turn eucon off in Pro Tools for if it is left on and a try to open it, it freezes at the scanning control surfaces part of the load up.

Does anyone know how i can sort this out.

Any help would be mot appreciated.

Thanks in advance

TCT
Old 04-14-2015, 07:51 AM

Default Re: Network Problem with Artist Control

Have you tried a static IP for your artist control?

What operating system?
Is your firmware up to date and are you using the latest eucin software?
Old 04-14-2015, 12:05 PM

As mentioned, please reply with the Eucontrol and OS versions that you are using. Also, check in the Eucon Preferences pane to see if you have the correct Ethernet adapter selected to use Eucon. If you are plugged into a different ethernet port than the one that is selected, you could see a network dialogue error message. Also, is your surface set to manual IP or DHCP?
Old 04-15-2015, 02:44 AM

Hi All,

Yes i checked the Eucon preferences and when it works it shows both my network cards (intel on the mainboard and Gigabyte for the pcie card) and when it doesn't it is blank (it doesn't show any network connectors).

When i initially purchased it i couldn't get it working at all and it took many calls to Avid to get it working (luckily onlt one case thoug), where they set up a static IP address for me.

I have tried contacting them by email and the website informs me that my ASC number is for an invalid client, even though thats the number they gave me and i have had only one case with them by phone and none by internet.

The firmware was updated in August last year and i am using Eucon 3.2.1. I have downloaded 3.2.2 so i will try that but i can't see any other firmware update downloads in the list.

I am not sure what manual ip or DHCP are though, can any one enlighten me on this?

I am running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit with Pro Tools 11 HD and an Avid Omni interface.

Thanks for the quick replys guys, they are much appreciated.

Thanks,

TCT
Old 04-15-2015, 08:51 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chemist Tree View Post

The firmware was updated in August last year and i am using Eucon 3.2.1. I have downloaded 3.2.2 so i will try that but i can't see any other firmware update downloads in the list.

I am not sure what manual ip or DHCP are though, can any one enlighten me on this?
Firmware updates are deployed within EuControl in the surfaces tab.

Instructions for setting manual IP addresses are detailed here:
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...671?popup=true

JC
Old 04-16-2015, 09:26 AM

Thanks for the replys guys, much appreciated again.

So, i brought the device home and used my laptop to update the firmware (plus i only have the internet at my home, not my studio).

I then installed 3.2.2 on the studio computer and reset the static ip address on both computer and artist contol and, hey presto, it worked agaon.

But......

Pro Tools took an awful long time to load and also my current project took a long time to load. Then when i played back the track i was working on i was getting disk errors saying that PT couldn't get the information fro the disks fast enough.

This i weird as it never did this before when it was working. I then quit PT and turned off the AC and tried rebooting PT. It loaded as usual but then hung again at the scanning controllers part.

The only way i could use PT was to quit all eucon devices and turn off all eucon settings in PT, so really i am kind of back to square one.

Does anyone know why all of a sudden i am now having this problem?

Any help, as usual, is gratefully received.

FYI i don't have the lates PT11 update installed, it is the one before.

Thanks.

TCT
Old 04-16-2015, 09:27 AM

Thanks for the replys guys, much appreciated again.

So, i brought the device home and used my laptop to update the firmware (as i only have the internet at my home, not my studio).

I then installed 3.2.2 on the studio computer and reset the static ip address on both computer and artist contol and, hey presto, it worked agaon.

But......

Pro Tools took an awful long time to load and also my current project took a long time to load. Then when i played back the track i was working on i was getting disk errors saying that PT couldn't get the information fro the disks fast enough.

This i weird as it never did this before when it was working. I then quit PT and turned off the AC and tried rebooting PT. It loaded as usual but then hung again at the scanning controllers part.

The only way i could use PT was to quit all eucon devices and turn off all eucon settings in PT, so really i am kind of back to square one.

Does anyone know why all of a sudden i am now having this problem?

Any help, as usual, is gratefully received.

Thanks.

TCT
Old 04-16-2015, 10:47 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chemist Tree View Post

TCT
This could be the issue. Some bugs or features require work on the Pro Tools as well as the EUCON side for Pro Tools specific development. Especially with a major OS update it's good to be on the latest versions.

JC
Old 04-27-2015, 11:09 PM

Ok guys i have updated PT11HD to 11.3.1, the Avid HD Driver to 11.3.1, Eucon to 3.2.2 with all firmware updated.

Without the AC turned on and with all the Ethernet settings turned off PT worked fine. I then turned on the Ethernet control and Eucon in PT (with all Eucon Software off) and during the scan when it scanned for Eucon controllers PT hung and i had to quit through ctrl/alt/del.

I restarted the PC and then with all Eucon Software open tried starting PT again. This time it hung right at the beginning just after the PT load screen appeared. The only way to get PT to open again was to uninstall all Eucon software.

So i am still unable to use my AC on my computer.

Any ideas guys?

All help is, as always, appreciated.

Thanks,

TCT
Old 04-28-2015, 04:14 AM

I would delete all pro tools preferences and make sure eucon software is running and the devices are recognized before starting and running pro tools. I run it both on a PC and a Mac. I have 11.3.1 and the 3.2.2 loaded on both.