Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2009, 01:12 PM
Avid

Default Re: Crash crash crash crash crashhhhh crahshrbnjfgeviufdbldfgvjndgokhng

Ok, this is something that's been bugging me for awhile.

I see your list and there are obviously plug-ins that do not meet the minimum requirements. Analog Factory, Battery 3, etc.

I'm comparing your list to the one referenced in the General Troubleshooting thread:

http://digidesign.com/index.cfm?lang...n=news_details

What I'm not clear about is why I see these and you didn't. Is there something about your list, our compatibility grid or something else about the comparison process that are causing these to be overlooked?

I really need to know, because plug-in compatibility is SO important and there's no way for me to check everyone's installed plug-in lists. We're working on tools to do this process automatically but, until they're ready, I need to find a way to be sure that customers are able to do this for themselves, every time.

Suggestions? Ideas?
Old 11-02-2009, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuneralMusic View Post
I swear to [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]ing god.... If PT8 crashes one more time I'm going to set fire to something or someone directly related to it...

7.4 ran FLAWLESSLY!!!!! 8.0.1 runs like a [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]ing old maid hacking up a [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]ing cig in a [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]n damp bar.

This is abso[bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]inglutely unacceptable. I have tried all night to mix 6 god damn track and it keeps [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]ing crashing. I'm going to crash my [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]ing car into this [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]ing mac.....

OSX 10.5.8
Quad core
8 Gigs of ram
PT 8.0.1 LE

I updated everything
I repaired permissions
I removed plugins known to cause errors
I deleted prefs
I Set PT to use 3 processors
CPU is set to 95%
I have re installed.
EVERY[bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]NTHING
HW Buffer at 512 ( I inhale the latency caused by this like the god damn morning sunrise.)
I have also followed all instruction about System preferences

I could be pressing play.... Saving, Stopping the track... Just looking at it... in the other room getting coffee, anything out of the blue the stupid ass program goes....

DEDEDEDEDEDEDEDEDEDEDEDEDEDEDEDEDEDEDEDEDEDEDEDDED EDEDEDEDEDD

Gone....

Then i get the stupid has quit unexpectedly box where i can report it apple because I am sure they really give a [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep], or I can look at the log that is written in [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]ing Klingon you god damn nerds.....

What else could it be??? what else? Help me out before you see my ass on CNN.
I Bleep Bleep Bleep Beelpin love it!

I have exactly the same issue except the error occurs when I am processing an elastic audio track from the Polyphonic Algorithm to the X Form Algorithm.

I have only had this problem since upgrading to 8.0.1 or whatever it's called, (I have lost count of version revisions).

Rob
Old 11-02-2009, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Ok, this is something that's been bugging me for awhile.

I see your list and there are obviously plug-ins that do not meet the minimum requirements. Analog Factory, Battery 3, etc.

I'm comparing your list to the one referenced in the General Troubleshooting thread:

http://digidesign.com/index.cfm?lang...n=news_details

What I'm not clear about is why I see these and you didn't. Is there something about your list, our compatibility grid or something else about the comparison process that are causing these to be overlooked?

I really need to know, because plug-in compatibility is SO important and there's no way for me to check everyone's installed plug-in lists. We're working on tools to do this process automatically but, until they're ready, I need to find a way to be sure that customers are able to do this for themselves, every time.

Suggestions? Ideas?
I can certainly understand your frustration. I think part of the problem, though, is that some of the plugs I have don't show up in your compatibility list in the troubleshooting thread (Massey L2007). And some of the plugs that show up in the Version Generator list I can't actually find in my Plugins folder. (Like Ozone it says I have, but I can only see a dpm file of it in my Plugins folder, which I thought was just an installation package, isn't it? I removed it anyway, since I never use it.)

And further, some of the things in the Version Generator list don't tell me anything -- like I mentioned before, my SoundToys bundle. It literally just says "Soundtoys" and that's it. Nothing about which plugs I have and what the versions are. (I manually checked all those ones and know they're up to date, but still, I wasn't sure what to make of what it said in the Version list.)

Yes, a tool to do all that stuff automatically would be aces!
1 G-Drive Pro 4 TB
2 G-Drive 6 TB
ProTools 2021.3.1
Melodyne 5
Soundtoys Bundle 5.3.2
Omnisphere 2.6.2
Massey L2007
Superior Drummer 2.3.2
Komplete 13 Ultimate
Old 11-02-2009, 03:36 PM

P.S. I think my main problem may be the Analog SE, which you mentioned. I tried to update it, but it doesn't seem to work. As soon as I try to insert an instance of it, it crashes the program.

But I see the interface pop up shortly before it crashes and it still says ver. 2.0. I read in the Read Me that if you click on the Version Number in the open application that it should state the correct number in a new window. But, of course, I can't do that because it crashes ProTools before I can do that. But I'm positive I downloaded the 2.1.1 update. Could there be something else I'm doing wrong? I quit ProTools first. I removed the plug from the Plugins folder and deleted the Arturia folder from the Application Support folder before installing. And after installing the update, the same items showed back up where I had removed them from. Is there anything else I could be doing wrong in the install? Am I supposed to restart the computer too?

The only other thing I can think of is that I'm downloading the wrong update? I'm using the Analog Factory SE update (that's the free one that comes with the Ignition Pack?) But the only other one I saw there was for the full version, and I know I didn't pay for that.
1 G-Drive Pro 4 TB
2 G-Drive 6 TB
ProTools 2021.3.1
Melodyne 5
Soundtoys Bundle 5.3.2
Omnisphere 2.6.2
Massey L2007
Superior Drummer 2.3.2
Komplete 13 Ultimate
Old 11-02-2009, 04:33 PM

Come on, I can't be the only one who actually read his error report log and caught this!!!?!?!?!?!!!?!?! LMFAO!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuneralMusic View Post
[CODE]Process: Pro Tools LE [11641]
Path: /Applications/Digidesign/Pro Tools/Pro Tools LE.app/Contents/MacOS/Pro Tools LE
Identifier: com.digidesign.ProToolsLE
Version: 8.0.1 (8.0.1f510)
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [114]
Penis: OMFGSOBIG!

Interval Since Last Report: 331193 sec
Crashes Since Last Report: 9
Per-App Interval Since Last Report: 174388 sec
Per-App Crashes Since Last Report: 9

Date/Time: 2009-10-22 18:00:10.443 -0500
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.5.8 (9L31a)
Report Version: 6
Anonymous UUID: 80428A3D-09E0-403F-A720-0A90DA79B8EF

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)
Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000000000000030
Crashed Thread: 0

Thread 0 Crashed:
0 libSystem.B.dylib 0x91efd505 tiny_malloc_from_free_list + 523

Derek Jones Linkedin
Megatrax Recording Studios
Megatrax Studios Yelp Page
A-list Music Artist Page
Old 11-02-2009, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.G. Killa View Post
Come on, I can't be the only one who actually read his error report log and caught this!!!?!?!?!?!!!?!?! LMFAO!!!!!!!!
No I think you get the credit... Dats some funny shiznit, though...

At least this is proof a person can go postal and still have a sense of humor..
Old 11-15-2009, 10:40 PM

Mine is doing the same thing, I have an iMac 10.5.8 and the 003. I just came to this site looking for help and run into you with the same problem... That's bad I hope someone can come up with a low cost solution...
Old 11-16-2009, 12:02 AM

Can we edit somehow the threads title?
Or at least add "i screwed up my system with incompatible plugs" in brackets.
Really the duc has this daily. Powerfull rant, missed actions.

I really don't want to hurt anyone, but come on, we have weeks here when at least 90% of the problems roots at incompatible plugins.
I think digitechsupport has the default answer on his clipboard so he can paste it a 1000 times per day.

TD