Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2012, 02:03 PM

Default Re: AVID: PLEASE HELP: Mbox Mini (3rd Gen) not showing up

Hi there, I am having the same PROBLEM! My MBox 2 Pro is invincible to my computer. NOT showing up in Audio Midi Setup. REINSTALLED pro-tools from disk. NOT showing up in AMS. WORKED PERFECTLY BEFORE I UPGRADED TO LION!

HELP,
please .
Old 04-19-2012, 06:48 AM

I have the same problem too.
First, the mini mbox 3rd work in my computer. Some days after the computer doesn´t recognize the hardware.
I tried in three different computers and occurs the same.
A friend of mine have the same problem.

The power light is on, but for my computer the mbox doesn´t exist.
And the device manager say that is not connected.

I could not find any answer to solve the problem. I read something about updating firmware (impossible without comunication PC-MBOX).
Update system BIOS... and other stuff.

Please if someone solved this problem write it here.
Thank you.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:20 AM

Unhappy Re: AVID: PLEASE HELP: Mbox Mini (3rd Gen) not showing up

I'm having the same issue. I recently updated Pro tools 10 to 10.2.0 ( about 4 hours ago ). Ever since the update, my Mbox Mini 3G will not show up in Pro Tools and as of 10 minutes ago, will not show up as being connected to my MacBook Pro. I was in the middle of doing an assignment that's due today. I only have this interface since it was bundled with my Original Pro Tools kit that my school sent me. I don't have any other means to use the microphone since I don't own any other interface. This is the 4th time I've used the Mbox Mini 3G. I don't understand why it's not working. After searching through the DUC, I noticed I wasn't the only one with this issue. please help!!

I've done several clean installs as well. I even re-installed my OS version, backed up, uninstalled and re installed drivers and Pro Tools and still nothing.
System Details
MacBook Pro 2.2GHz Core i7 15
OSX 10.7.4
Mbox Mini 3G
Pro Tools 10.2.0
Old 06-15-2012, 12:25 PM

Another instance of this product failing. Purchased and registered in late February, installed in March, worked fine for three months, then all of a sudden disappeared and would not show up in system profiler despite the power being on.

Tried everything, from switching cables, to zapping P-RAM to reinstalling drivers, to a full reinstall. 2 hours (hold time included) on the phone with Sweetwater tech support all to tell me what I knew already: this is most certainly an hardware issue.

Off it goes to Sweetwater, then to Avid. Three weeks from now, if the gods favor it, I hope to finally have an operable editing rig for my employees...... I'M LOSING MONEY, AVID.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:21 PM

Jumping on the band wagon here. I too have this problem. Running PT10 through Mbox Mini on Late 2011 Macbook Pro (2.4 Ghz i7, Lion). I have been running PT10 like a champ for three months and all of a sudden the Mbox Mini is not an option in the playback engine drop menu. The Mbox Mini does not show up in the system profiler and Mbox Mini control panel (in System Preferences) says "Hardware Not Connected". I have tried both USB ports and re-installed drivers to no avail.

Very quick searches have turned up quite high numbers of folks across platforms reporting this problem. Please DigiSupport, at least let us know that you are on this.

thanks.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:11 AM

i, like everybody else here, am experiencing the same problem. I cannot believe that Avid is leaving all of us in the dark. Our livelihood depends on my inthebox mixing and there is no solution to this problem. I ran Pro Tools Express on my MBPro without a hitch for 2 months before running into this wall. Its been a week and a half and i have tried all the offered remedies on the inter web, to no avail. Please help, please.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:49 AM

Guys, for all of you having a problem getting your Mbox Mini (3rd gen) to show up, there's about 99% chance it's DOA. Digi/Avid are *never* going to admit publicly that there is an issue with these units, but there definitely is and they are aware of it. There are hundreds of cases I've read about regarding this issue.

Best thing to do is contact Digi support ASAP.. They will look at the unit and hopefully repair/replace it for you if you're within your 12 month warranty. it's about a 2-3 week turn around.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:08 PM

Just to follow up. I got Avid support on the phone. I told them the story. The man asked if the +48v LED illuminated when I engaged the phantom power switch. I said no. He said sent it back. It was still under warranty. Within a week I got another one sent back to me. End of story. Still a mystery, but I'm grateful to Avid and Digi for the support and speedy turnaround.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:16 PM

SOLUTION:
I was having the same issue. Folks at guitar center had me uninstall PT & Audio Interface drivers and IE components.

~~UNINSTALL INTERNET EXPLORER IT BLOCKS UPDATES NECESSARY FOR THE INTERFACE.~~

Follow these instructions:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700
Once you're sure you've uninstalled all non-essential IE files and completed the steps above reboot and reinstall PT & Device Drivers.

Don't download IE again, its terrible, use chrome or firefox.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevelesieur View Post
Just to follow up. I got Avid support on the phone. I told them the story. The man asked if the +48v LED illuminated when I engaged the phantom power switch. I said no. He said sent it back. It was still under warranty. Within a week I got another one sent back to me. End of story. Still a mystery, but I'm grateful to Avid and Digi for the support and speedy turnaround.
Just bought mine second hand, after a whole day of troubleshooting i finally got it to show up in ProTools. However, the audio playback and monitoring was crackling - just awful - i played with the buffer size but didnt resolve the issue. I decided to uninstall everything and now Windows 7 doesnt even detect the mBox. So the red phantom light doesnt even turn on anymore... I hate AVID.