Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Additional Resources


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Pro Tools | S3

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #111  
Old 03-06-2017, 07:59 PM
mattrixx mattrixx is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Adelaide - Australia
Posts: 564
Default Re: "Speed" of rotary knobs

Yeeeeoooww!!!! Awesome
__________________
Matt McKenzie-Smith
mattrixx.net
SourceConnect - mattrixx
AVID Collab user - mattrixx
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 03-06-2017, 08:34 PM
bobbyguelz bobbyguelz is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 100
Default Re: "Speed" of rotary knobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
This is fixed in the next release coming soon. Sorry it took this long.
Eddie... Thank GOD!!!! The community needs some form of communication that's consistent to some degree and that they actually give a hoot about actual pro users.

There are small tweaks to Eucon and the surfaces that trust me would pay big dividends to be addressed because as is... a large number of us, especially in Post would NOT recommend the surfaces due to Eucon unreliability and lacking implementation and obvious bugs like the Avid DOCK buttons having to always be double pressed to get them to work for the advanced automation modes or to get the top soft buttons to light up and then actually fire off Eucon commands.

I would hope those higher up can at least understand that improving these devices so they're actually suited for real world mixing will mean we'll recommend them to others because as it stands, I and many others have felt like we wasted a lot of money.

We wish you the very best and please stay in contact and stress at AVID the importance of actually making users feel happy and working towards actual usable hardware that just works... because they don't right now... at least the S3 and Dock don't in their current state.

Thanks!
-J
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 03-06-2017, 10:20 PM
YYR123's Avatar
YYR123 YYR123 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Austin TX
Posts: 12,187
Default Re: "Speed" of rotary knobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
This is fixed in the next release coming soon. Sorry it took this long.


March of 2015 was the original post.

For the record.....

Today is March 6, 2017
__________________
Daniel
HD|N - PT12.5.1 - HD I/O 16x8x8
Win10-Pro - 8 Core E5-2687W 3.1ghz
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue


For the Love of everything sacrosanct and hallowed, Why hasn't track presets been implemented yet? - Barak Obama
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 03-07-2017, 01:37 AM
J-S-Q J-S-Q is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: London
Posts: 172
Default Re: "Speed" of rotary knobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
This is fixed in the next release coming soon. Sorry it took this long.
That is brilliant news. Thank you!

Eddie, can you say if this fix is within the Eucon software (and therefore will work for all DAWs), or is it only within Pro Tools?
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 03-07-2017, 01:45 AM
J-S-Q J-S-Q is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: London
Posts: 172
Default Re: "Speed" of rotary knobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
March of 2015 was the original post.

For the record.....

Today is March 6, 2017
The fact is, this is the most requested improvement from users so if Avid have fixed it, that tells me they are listening.

Anyway YYR123, wasn't it only a couple of days ago that you were posting in this thread that nobody should buy a product and expect Avid to do any further development for it? :)
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 03-07-2017, 09:39 AM
YYR123's Avatar
YYR123 YYR123 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Austin TX
Posts: 12,187
Default "Speed" of rotary knobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-S-Q View Post
.Anyway YYR123, wasn't it only a couple of days ago that you were posting in this thread that nobody should buy a product and expect Avid to do any further development for it? :)
I stand by that statement, this for all practical purposes is a miracle and highly unexpected (look at Avids history) however very welcome.

It's great for everyone once it happens, and I say bring it on and bring the fixes and features continually thereafter
__________________
Daniel
HD|N - PT12.5.1 - HD I/O 16x8x8
Win10-Pro - 8 Core E5-2687W 3.1ghz
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue


For the Love of everything sacrosanct and hallowed, Why hasn't track presets been implemented yet? - Barak Obama
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 03-07-2017, 10:29 AM
EddieJones's Avatar
EddieJones EddieJones is offline
Avid
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 785
Default Re: "Speed" of rotary knobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-S-Q View Post
That is brilliant news. Thank you!

Eddie, can you say if this fix is within the Eucon software (and therefore will work for all DAWs), or is it only within Pro Tools?
Yes this will improve all DAW's...and the monitor knob
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 03-07-2017, 11:40 AM
JanuS JanuS is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 224
Default Re: "Speed" of rotary knobs

Great Eddie! Better late then never!

I'm sooo looking forward in really start using my S3 and Dock for mixing as it should!

And very pleased seeing your reaction on the Alt button bug on the Dock as well! I'm very relieved there still is support and development for the S3/Dock..
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 03-20-2017, 09:06 AM
JR Fountain JR Fountain is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 306
Default Re: "Speed" of rotary knobs

Does this mean that it will be fixed on the Artist Series controllers too?
__________________
J.R. Fountain
credits: www.imdb.com/name/nm0288354/
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 03-20-2017, 02:44 PM
EddieJones's Avatar
EddieJones EddieJones is offline
Avid
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 785
Default Re: "Speed" of rotary knobs

Yes, anything that connects through EuControl or WSControl(S6)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Does "Westmere" qualification apply to "Bloomfield" and "Gulftown" also? bashville Pro Tools 10 Discussion 5 03-23-2013 03:04 PM
hardware buttons for "preview", "capture" and "punch" evs Post - Surround - Video 1 12-06-2010 01:28 PM
"Slowing down the tape speed" bsmith23 Tips & Tricks 7 05-11-2009 07:03 PM
"Tape" speed MacSean112 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) 20 07-01-2003 12:19 AM
The "FATE" of CM LABS "MotorMix" & "MotorMate". Dum dum dum dum... leon777 Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) 21 10-15-2002 12:00 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:16 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com