Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2008, 07:18 AM

Default What components lie in the most POWERFUL native PTLE Systems?

Just out of curiosity, what components make up the most powerful Pro-Tools LE native systems to date? Just after building my Quad powerhouse, which is nothing short of great, one of the things that always has us PC-users puttint their tongues in cheek, is knowing that we can always build more powerful machines as time advances (of course we're more concerned about making hits, even if we're using a Pentium-III . . yeah, o.k. . . ).

So, what are they? We have Dual Cores, Quad Cores, Xeon system, and people running around with Tyan Server Boards that run four Quad Cores for 16 cores. Some people have 8GB in their systems.

Sure there are performance based threads, but they are en masse. How can we save money, or recommend parts for everyone. Let's keep this discussion on the power-user end, with $$ not being an issue (it is for me, but this is entertainment).

I've seen the Quad Core Extremes. What else is there?

www.myspace.com/HaroldEverton - Shameless plug.
Pro-Tools 12
2.5GHz i7 Quad Core