Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2002, 07:45 AM

Default Problem with midi in Pro tools LE 5.2.1 (No sound)

Can someone help me !
I’ve just format my hard drive to do a « clean install » and I had a big surprise when trying to use midi in Pro Tools.
I have no sound with midi, I can see the meterbridge moving when using my master keyboard or keyboard+mouse-click but no sound.
Quicktime sound are activated.
Is it a problem with quicktime ? How to configure it ?
I have no problem with audio.
The strange thing is that it worked before I did a « clean install » and, I can use my master keyboard with Native Instru B4(stand alone) and it works.
I know that the prob comes from something I don’t have configured but what …
I use a Mbox (firmware 2, digi USB driver 1.01, Mac Os 9.2.2, Roland UM-1 midi interface)
What can I do ?
Old 08-30-2002, 11:16 AM
Avid

Default Re: Problem with midi in Pro tools LE 5.2.1 (No sound)

Quote:
Originally posted by azero:
I have no sound with midi, I can see the meterbridge moving when using my master keyboard or keyboard+mouse-click but no sound.
Quicktime sound are activated.
Is it a problem with quicktime ? How to configure it ?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">When using QuickTime Musical Instruments, the sound generated will be outputted via the Macintosh Sound Manager (i.e. the internal speaker). In order to route this signal elsewhere in your studio (such as 2 channels on your mixer or the analog inputs on your MBox) you need to:

-Open the Sound Control Panel and set its Output to “Built-In” and then connect a cable from the stereo miniplug (1/8") jack located on the rear of the Computer marked with speaker icon to the desired inputs in your studio (such as analog inputs on your MBox).

In Pro Tools
-Create a Stereo Aux Track.
-Set the Aux Track’s inputs to Analog Inputs 1/2 of the MBox.
-Raise the Fader of the Aux Track.

Brent