Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-1999, 08:37 AM

Default Waves REQ problems

For anyone considering buying any Waves plug-ins beware of the following problem.
Before buying REQ I downloaded the Waves 2.8 Demo which was a total waste of time as it does not support PT NT.
I then purchased Waves REQ which came with a CD4 which did not contain any PT/NT software. The dealer sent CD#5 but alas still no NT TDM plug-ins (why don't they read the label?). I finally downloaded the 2.8 individual plug-ins from their web site.
After going through the torturous task of authorising my security key, I proceeded to install REQ. All was OK until I fired up PT which froze when trying to load the REQ 2 band EQ ( Demo ) !!!
Waves suggested I uninstall everything using the Add/Remove option in the control panel, trash the waves directory, then install Super Tap/REQ from their web site.
I did this but it made no difference.
Whilst waiting for Waves support I decided to check out the Registry, and found all the plug-ins, including the Demo, were still in the registry under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT. Although the uninstall reported it had removed entries from the registry, it had not.
There were 22 entries under both CLSID and Filters. I deleted all reference to all Wave plug-ins except REQ. This included "Super tap" which I have no license for.
The only entries I left were the three REQ references i.e. 2 band, 4 band & 6 band.
At last PT now loads OK, with only three entries in the Plug-in menu.
It appears that any Wave plug-in you throw at your PC finishes up in the registry, and if you do not have the appropriate .DLL it will freeze PT.
A week after purchasing REQ I am up and running.

John
( I bet the Mac spies have a field day with this !!! )

[This message has been edited by johnedmonds (edited 10-30-99).]
Old 10-30-1999, 03:13 PM

Default Re: Waves REQ problems

i am thinking of buying a window's machine so my life can be a living hell too.
boy my mac sure works great...
Old 11-04-1999, 07:35 AM

Default Re: Waves REQ problems

Hi,
I have now been using Waves REQ for PT/NT for a week and it's really good. Takes up rather a lot of DSP power though, especially in 6 band configuration ( I only have DSP Farm not Mix ).

John