Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 09-29-2001, 08:08 AM

Default ADAT Optical switcher / patchbay

Hi,
I have an existing Mackie D8B with 4 ADAT cards going into my Nuendo Win2K PC with Hammerfal cards. I would like to add a ProTools Mix3 system to the existing setup without using a ProControl or COntrol 24.
I would like to mix in teh current D8B and use D8B's MTC driven automation isntead.

The problem I'm having is, how to patch the Optical cables out of D8B into both the ADAT bridges and the Hammerfals at the same time and be able to switch betwee nthe two destination. Inversely I would like to switch between the PC and the ADAT bridge for mixdowns.

Does anyone here know if there's such devices ?

thanks
Old 09-30-2001, 06:51 AM

Default Re: ADAT Optical switcher / patchbay

Maybe http://www.z-sys.com/pp_detm.html#z8a might do the trick for you.. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-30-2001, 08:07 AM

Coincidentally I have something on eBay that might do the job for you
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...tem=1467659518

Midiman Digipatch 12x6 Digital Patchbay
Old 10-02-2001, 11:45 PM

Hosa Technologies just came out with a physical lightpipe patchbay that might do the trick. I was trying to build one of these last year and it took me weeks to find a lightpipe/optical SPDIF female-female "gender bender" and they were $5 each, I mounted them in a rack panel and used them to change optical patches without having to go around behind my rack. This worked fine as long as the total optical runs were less than about 40 feet, then I started getting some glitches. I swear Hosa read my mind- their patchbay with 24 ins and outs probably costs 1/10th of what my 8x8 patchbay cost me! Hope this helps.
Old 04-19-2018, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poncival View Post
Hosa Technologies just came out with a physical lightpipe patchbay that might do the trick. I was trying to build one of these last year and it took me weeks to find a lightpipe/optical SPDIF female-female "gender bender" and they were $5 each, I mounted them in a rack panel and used them to change optical patches without having to go around behind my rack. This worked fine as long as the total optical runs were less than about 40 feet, then I started getting some glitches. I swear Hosa read my mind- their patchbay with 24 ins and outs probably costs 1/10th of what my 8x8 patchbay cost me! Hope this helps.
Old 04-19-2018, 05:08 PM

Hello John was taking a look at your post.....I know its been a long time but are you still currently using the HOSA OPTICAL PATCHBAY?
if not would you like to sell it to me looking for something that will work for multiple adat channels thx jeff. please contact me at 6265364290...BTW you didn't mention the model or name of the unit just that it had 24 ins and outs.