Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2014, 11:20 PM

Default OSX Yosemite is coming this Fall!

Yet, the latest Pro-Tools HD TDM 10.3.9 is not even compatible with OS X 10.9.
Wondering what is so hard to make Pro-Tools HD TDM up to date with the latest OS?

Pro-Tools 10.3.10 HD 2 Accel PCIe
OSX 10.10.3
Old 06-03-2014, 12:41 AM

Default Re: OSX Yosemite is coming this Fall!

How easy is it to score a goal when the posts keep getting moved?

i7 5820k 6 x 4GHz (12 threads), 16GB DDR4, Win 10 Pro, BM Mini Monitor PCIe, GTX 660Ti 2GB;

Dell Laptop, i7 4x3.6GHz (8 threads ), 16GB DDR4, Win 10 Pro, GTX1060MaxQ 6GB;

"Plan B" - i7 6700k, 4 x 3.4GHz, 16GB DDR4, Sierra, AJA Kona LHi, GTX 1050Ti 4GB.

RME FireFace802 + ARC, RME Babyface

Avid D-Command, Artist Control, V-Control, Korg MicroKontrol

7.1.2 Presonus Monitors
Old 06-03-2014, 05:39 AM

OS X 10.9 was given out to all the developers exactly a year ago. It became available to the public in October last year. All the major companies have been up to date last year already. That was 6 months ago! Meanwhile AVID updated Pro-Tools HD to 10.3.9, however that is still not compatible with OS X 10.9 according to AVID.
Just wondering what was so hard for AVID in the past 12 months so they could not make Pro-Tools HD TDM compatible with OS X 10.9 where it took only a few months for all the others in the same field and/or other areas to make their softwares perfectly aligned with Maverick?

OSX 10.10.3
Old 06-03-2014, 11:20 PM

I have confirmed that OS X Yosemite is running with out flaws on my MacPro 3,1 running Pro Tools 10HD, PT10 and PT11 with the new HDNative card and and 192 and 96i/o. It is also working on my MBA 5,1 with PT10 and PT11 using an Mbox 2 mini. All plugins (RTAS, AAX) are working as well.

I will continue using this setup in the coming weeks and keep everyone updated.
Old 06-04-2014, 12:09 AM

Thanks mate
Old 06-04-2014, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopxwatch View Post
I have confirmed that OS X Yosemite is running with out flaws on my MacPro 3,1 running Pro Tools 10HD, PT10 and PT11 with the new HDNative card and and 192 and 96i/o. It is also working on my MBA 5,1 with PT10 and PT11 using an Mbox 2 mini. All plugins (RTAS, AAX) are working as well.

Thank you for this promising info!
Are you using additional Accel cards with Pro-Tools 10HD or just the core card?

OSX 10.10.3
Old 06-04-2014, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopxwatch View Post

Just be aware that this is an unsupported configuration.
http://felipousismix.wix.com/felipousismix

Open Core Mac Pro OSX Ventura | ProTools HD 2023.x | Merging HAPI ADA8 | UAD Quad PCIe | Kali IN-8 | Presonus Temblor 10 | Softube, SSL, Universal Audio, Slate Digital, McDSP, Fabfilter, Plugin Alliance among other plugins
Old 06-04-2014, 02:30 PM

Default OSX Yosemite is coming this Fall!

I watched the keynote the other day and I have yet to figure out what benefit Yosemite will have for audio and why anyone running a production box (their bread and butter) would want to upgrade to Yosemite or even mavericks for that matter.
Is getting calls and texts that important to your workflow that you have to get them on screen????
Personally I don't see why everyone feels the need to update their OS the day a new version comes out.
All the complaints that PT isn't supported on the latest and greatest OS is BS. (Unless you bought a new Mac Pro)
If it's that important to you get a new machine with the new OS installed and leave your bread and butter machine at a supported configuration.
I really just don't get it.

Pro Tools HD 2019.12 | HD Native PCIe & HD Native Thunderbolt | Lynx Aurora 16 HD | HD I/O | Digi 192 | 2010 Mac Pro 12 Core 3.46ghz | macOS Mojave 10.14.4 | 48 gigs RAM | Tascam DM3200 | Crane Song Avocet II | Antelope Isochrone OCX | Universal Audio Quad & Duo | Waves Mercury + Studio Classics v10 & Abbey Road Collection

Last edited by 29CountsNY; 06-04-2014 at 02:31 PM. Reason: misspelled word
Old 06-04-2014, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29CountsNY View Post
I watched the keynote the other day and I have yet to figure out what benefit Yosemite will have for audio and why anyone running a production box (their bread and butter) would want to upgrade to Yosemite or even mavericks for that matter.
Is getting calls and texts that important to your workflow that you have to get them on screen????
Personally I don't see why everyone feels the need to update their OS the day a new version comes out.
All the complaints that PT isn't supported on the latest and greatest OS is BS. (Unless you bought a new Mac Pro)
If it's that important to you get a new machine with the new OS installed and leave your bread and butter machine at a supported configuration.
Agree, still running Mountain Lion and more than happy.
http://felipousismix.wix.com/felipousismix

Open Core Mac Pro OSX Ventura | ProTools HD 2023.x | Merging HAPI ADA8 | UAD Quad PCIe | Kali IN-8 | Presonus Temblor 10 | Softube, SSL, Universal Audio, Slate Digital, McDSP, Fabfilter, Plugin Alliance among other plugins
Old 06-04-2014, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29CountsNY View Post
One of my personal reasons to upgrade to Maverick is that Final Cut Pro X is improved substantially with the 10.1 upgrade, but this version only works under Maverick. Also many other softwares got improved significantly with Maverick.

However, the reason why anyone would like to upgrade to Maverick is not the question here nor my original post have anything to do about this.
The question is clearly stated in my previous posts that is: Why AVID is so damn behind with making their products up to date?

OSX 10.10.3