Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2009, 09:55 AM

Default 8.01

Well i have waited, After the whole sc1 thing i have held off on this last one.

Im running fine and stable with cs3 and think ill stay there for a bit longer.

Every one please check in that is running 8.01 fine and stable please.

I voted at www.deardigi.com
Old 09-13-2009, 01:54 PM

Default Re: 8.01

I've been running 8.0.1 for a few days and it seems stable, fast and snappy so far. I've had a few weird error messages but after clicking "OK" button nothing bad happened and I could go along with my work. Just in case things go wrong I have a CS3 image handy.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:54 PM

Hi Geneous,

Can you post your system config? It seems like alot of people around here are having problems with 8.0.1. Mine seems quite stable. What plugs do you have installed?

Thanks
Ghengis
Old 09-13-2009, 04:34 PM

a few weird error messages but after clicking "OK" button nothing bad happened

Thios what i want to avoid,

Ill stay in cs3 for now. Its stable for the most part, I know what issues to avoid any ways...

Old 09-13-2009, 08:51 PM

Thanks MEAT I watch yur post man.

:)

Ok

Any one realy calling this OK?

Old 09-13-2009, 10:32 PM

Well, if it aint broke dont fix it. You said it yourself!

But YES, for me 8.01 HD on XP Pro is more solid and I finally feel like 8 is the best version to be on, period. It's more responsive, faster, I enjoy the scroll wheel moving faster and running full sessions, with 100+ audio tracks has been fine. I do use plug-ins but mostly Waves Mercury, so YMMV.

Naturally you won't see as many people posting on the DUC if their rig is working, but you will see the same posters screaming in multiple threads if their system is broke, making the average seem worse than it is. Although, I do feel bad for those with the CPU usage issue, I've been lucky to avoid that one. And have read that it wasnt fixed in 8.01. bummer...

If you're running PT HD 8 on a supported system and installed 8.01 correctly, you'd be missing out to not to at least try to use 8.01.

Worse case scenario, you uninstall it and 30 minutes later you're back on cs3. Or make an image and revert it back.

Personally, I can feel the improvements in 8.01, its hard to describe. But I just don't crash or hang as much.

I say, make an Image and go for it!! You gotta give it a shot, you did with cs3! (once you're not in the middle of a project, of course )

Old 09-13-2009, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premo View Post
Well, if it aint broke dont fix it. You said it yourself!

But YES, for me 8.01 HD on XP Pro is more solid and I finally feel like 8 is the best version to be on, period. It's more responsive, faster, I enjoy the scroll wheel moving faster and running full sessions, with 100+ audio tracks has been fine. I do use plug-ins but mostly Waves Mercury, so YMMV.

Naturally you won't see as many people posting on the DUC if their rig is working, but you will see the same posters screaming in multiple threads if their system is broke, making the average seem worse than it is. Although, I do feel bad for those with the CPU usage issue, I've been lucky to avoid that one. And have read that it wasnt fixed in 8.01. bummer...

If you're running PT HD 8 on a supported system and installed 8.01 correctly, you'd be missing out to not to at least try to use 8.01.

Worse case scenario, you uninstall it and 30 minutes later you're back on cs3. Or make an image and revert it back.

Personally, I can feel the improvements in 8.01, its hard to describe. But I just don't crash or hang as much.

I say, make an Image and go for it!! You gotta give it a shot, you did with cs3! (once you're not in the middle of a project, of course )

have you recorded any audio in 8.0.1 with no problems ? if so, can you please list your computer specs
also, you don't crash or hang as much??? what versions are you talking about? did you crash because you installed incorrectly?
no offence just curious
Old 09-14-2009, 01:47 AM

I've only seen those errors once, the first time I opened a session in 8.01. Haven't seen them since.

I say make a backup image and give it a try.

Will post my specs when I'm close to my rig.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x9blade View Post
have you recorded any audio in 8.0.1 with no problems ? if so, can you please list your computer specs
also, you don't crash or hang as much??? what versions are you talking about? did you crash because you installed incorrectly?
no offence just curious
Core2Quad, Gigabyte P-35, 4G RAM, Win XP sp3 Pro-Tools 8.0.1 HD2 accel PCI, 96io + 8220 legacy, many plugins - Waves Diamond, Massive pack 6 and 7, Autoyune 4, Vocalign, FXpansion VST to RTAS adapter. Everything runs smooth so far, I've recorded and mixed. No crash, stable and I like it. Inerface feels snappier, but maybe I just want it to be so after so many false moves - especially whent adjusting levels with ctrl fader ALWAYS went nuts (because I released sth to soon or sth) - now it's OK. I didn't change anything during upgrade (card order especially).

EDIT - I have unsupported (?) waves 5.0 or 5.2, I didn't upgrade yet - maybe that? And I don't have Massey plugs...
Old 09-16-2009, 10:18 AM

I was in trouble with Waves until I got above 5.9.7.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com