Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software

Old 09-05-1999, 01:33 PM

Default Re: Why are you still using MLCD?

Hello!

Wow, it feels almost unreal to see that anyone from Digi is mention DDP. I have made a lot of noise about this but stopped because no one seams to care. We have been looking at Sadie system and we would have changed if they had the function to change the waveform with a pen, but ...... So we are still using PT for mastering which is excellent. But we are stucked with Masterlist 1.41 for our DDP writing . It works OK but it feels like early 1990 not almost year 2000.
It is not possible to write SCMS which is very, very important for us because a couple of major companies i Europa want that. There is no way to play back your DDP-tapes. It is not a professional DDP system now.
So what can I say. I'm standing on my knees screaming for DDP support. Please Digi.

Regards
Kaj Erixon
Old 09-12-1999, 04:44 AM

Default Re: Why are you still using MLCD?

We're also stuck with MLCD 1.4 because we want to continue with DDP. Unless you have a CD analyser, it's the *only* way to verify the data is OK, an issue that should be of concern to those mastering for CD. We use Exabyte 8505's for DDP and general backups. The Exabytes have been first class in terms of reliability etc.

Mezzo Master v1.1 is a variable feast. GMR have an area on their website (http://www.MezzoGMR.com/) where they are inviting comments on DDP with a view to ascertaining demand for an updated version. Those interested should go there. On the other hand, I should have thought that it would be much neater if Digi simply incorporated DDP into MLCD.