Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2007, 11:49 AM

Default Pro Tools LE icon just bounces....no launch

My MacBook Pro one day decided that I didn't need any of my prefs and when I started it up, they were all gone. On top of that, Pro Tools now won't launch. All of the digidesign prefs don't even appear in the library, so I can't do the de fact fix all of deleting those. The PT LE icon just bounces in the dock a couple times then stops, no launch whatsoever. No error messages either.

I've installed 7.3cs2, updated to 10.4.9 combo, run the prefs helper, and have run the prebind script program. What else can I try?? I'm worried that I'll lose things if I try to re install Mac OS from the disk, I'm not sure what I need to save. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

MacBook Pro
OSX 10.4.9 combo
2.16 GHz Intel Core Duo
1.5 GB SDRAM
Mbox 2 Pro
Pro Tools LE 7.3cs2
Old 05-28-2007, 12:42 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools LE icon just bounces....no launch

I don't know how your system was running before this, but I had a hell of time with practically the same setup getting it stable. Lots of underflow errors, running out of CPU power with virtually no plug-ins, etc…

A total pain.

I ended up doing an Archive and Install from my system disk and then installing the 10.4.8 combo. Working much better now. I had installed the 10.4.9 combo previously and I just couldn't get it working correctly.

I also did a clean reinstall of ProTools 7.3.1cs2.

The first time I fired it up it was all clicks and I was just so disgusted. I finally turned it off last night and today booted up and to my very happy surprise - it is working very well. I've put in about 4 hours on it - so far, so good.

If you do an Archive and Install you won't lose your emails, etc, those kind of things. You will also retain your system preferences.

I should also mention that it helped to unplug and replug the firewire chain after the installations. If you're lucky it could be as easy as that, unplug your MBox 2 Pro and your firewire chain and replug it.

Best of Luck!

peas
Old 05-28-2007, 01:41 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools LE icon just bounces....no launch

I'm having the same problem. 4 days ago my preferences were all gone and my PT LE 7.3 won't load... the icon just bounces. I tried damn near everything, but to no avail

I've been backing up all of my data, getting ready to wipe my entire hard drive clean and reinstall everything. Figured I'd stop by the good ol' DUC just to see if anyone has a solution to the problem.

After the fresh install of everything, I am going to mirror my main hard drive so if this ever happens again in the future, I'll just be able to rewrite the cloned drive back over my main drive... making everything happy again, I hope.