Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9

Old 10-14-2011, 08:29 PM

Default Broke My iLOK- please help

I broke my iLok unfortunately. Just purchased a new iLok from a local vendor however I am experiencing difficulties in moving my license onto the new iLOK.

I am a ProTools9 user and bought the mbox bundle that included the iLOK which comes already registered, thus I never had to register upon iLOK.com...

Not sure how to authorize my new iLOK now.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:51 PM

Default Re: Broke My iLOK- please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemakemusic View Post
I broke my iLok unfortunately. Just purchased a new iLok from a local vendor however I am experiencing difficulties in moving my license onto the new iLOK.

I am a ProTools9 user and bought the mbox bundle that included the iLOK which comes already registered, thus I never had to register upon iLOK.com...

Not sure how to authorize my new iLOK now.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Is the old iLok readable/still usable but just physically damaged or is it dead? If it is dead/not readable you need to deal with the RMA process though iLok. See http://www.ilok.com/ilok-rma.html.

If it is still readable you create and account on iLok.com and transfer the license between your iLoks.

We need a lot more detail, what part exactly are you having trouble doing?

Darryl
Old 10-15-2011, 10:53 PM

Thanks for the response. My old iLOK is completely dead now. I followed along with the RMA link you provided however it prompts me that: "Your credit card must be authorized to cover the cost of license recovery if not under warranty"

I've already purchased a replacement iLOK from my local vendor and just want to transfer the license from my old iLOK to the new one...don't believe this costs money.

Tech support will be available Monday, but if you have any more troubleshooting suggestions it would be greatly appreciated...would love to get some work done tmrw.

Many thanks again
Old 10-16-2011, 07:59 AM

You can only transfer from an iLok that is working (so the licensing system can remove the old license from one iLok before writing it to another). A dead iLok required this different process. Otherwise anybody could just put licences on new iLoks and there would be no security.

For a dead iLok you have to RMA it back and in that process they give you a new iLok (which you pay for as a part of this service). You might be able to ask if you can send in a new one with the damaged one but I have not heard of that happening. You may end up having to return the new iLok to where you purchased it and get a refund.

Darryl
Old 10-16-2011, 08:13 AM

Got it.

Very helpful, thanks
Old 10-16-2011, 11:36 AM
Avid

You could also ask that they just deposit the replacement auths in your iLok account, rather than sending you a new iLok with the auths. That way you could just download them to your new iLok.

If you're under warranty, though, I'd just get them to send you the replacement iLok with auths - it never hurts to have a backup iLok.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:59 PM

And if you had purchased Zero Downtime from ilok.com, you could have temporary licenses delivered ot your new ilok immediately. IMHO it's well worh the cost.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com