Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 07-13-2007, 02:59 PM

Default iLok broke =( no Zero Downtime. What do I do?

My iLok just stopped working randomly and I don't have the Zero Downtime thing. I don't know much about the ilok but I really don't want to have to re-purchase anything like my music production toolkit or any of the plug-ins I have. What can I do to avoid this?
80 GB UDMA-100 7200 RPM HD
160 GB UDMA-100 7200 RPM 2MB SEAGATE HD
Old 07-13-2007, 03:32 PM

Default Re: iLok broke =( no Zero Downtime. What do I do?

broken ilok = no problem.

if you HAD zero downtime, you'd get temporary duplicate licenses for the plug-ins you currently have (which are applicable to the ZDT policy, some don't 'subscribe' to it) - you would need a new, seperate iLok for these though - and you'd get priority service/turnaround on a repair or replacement.

WITHOUT it, you will still get a replacement and new permanent licenses if you send it into them, but you'll be at the bottom of the repair queue and won't get any temporary licenses to keep you going in the meantime.

a broken ilok, as it were, is not a huge problem. a lost or stolen one, on the other hand, is.

in any case, you need to go to ilok.com, click on 'help', click on 'start RMA process' and login and enter the relevant info to get the ball rolling on a fix.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:57 AM

Default Re: iLok broke =( no Zero Downtime. What do I do?

Quote:
My iLok just stopped working randomly and I don't have the Zero Downtime thing. I don't know much about the ilok but I really don't want to have to re-purchase anything like my music production toolkit or any of the plug-ins I have. What can I do to avoid this?
Have you installed or changed anything about your setup or config?
I know on my G5 repairing Disk Permissions can screw with my iLok.