Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)

Old 10-11-2016, 06:27 PM

Default Re: How to make Omni HD play Mac sounds??

[QUOTE…Hope this helps some...[/QUOTE]

BRILLIANT! It worked on the first try.

My MH is definitely having issues. I'll be sending it to them before long, and to add insult to injury, my beloved, 22-year-old Ensoniq TS-12 has suddenly stopped sending audio out of the right output. (At least I can get that taken care of locally.)

But with this fix, I can run iTunes, YouTube, etc. right through the OMNI with no issues. Thanks so much!

Cheers,

Gary
Finale 26.3.1
Old 05-14-2017, 01:43 AM

Default I have the same issue with Windows

Hey guys
HD native and Omni are working perfectly and I have no issue working in PT 12.5. but as you all know , we cant use it in any win to hear the system sound.
so I used my optical Outout on my onboard sound card and connected it to the Omni optical in .... I can see the frequencies on the Omni Monitor , But when I change it to output , I don't see anything and I cant hear anything as well . is there anything special that i have to do , or do i have to change any setting inside Omni ...or anything else you guys may think of and I haven't thought of it...please help me out here

Thanks
XeX
Old 01-04-2021, 11:16 AM

This thread's gathering some dust, but I figured I'd do a quick post to help round out the options: my OMNI HD is typically setup for 5.1 mixing, but I need to do occasional non-Pro Tools stereo monitoring on this same machine. I tried using the optical/TOSLINK solution (Mac out to OMNI in) but could not get audio. Clock source issue, maybe? Other than basic cables, I didn't have enough extra equipment to test things further, so I switched gears and went for the analog solution (Mac 1/8" out to OMNI TRS 1 & 2. That config only got me Left channel audio, as reported by another user here. Absolutely NO clue as to what caused that issue, and no luck adjusting Hardware or I/O paths to get the Right channel working. So... I routed the analog signal to the OMNI TRS 3 & 4 inputs, and it worked perfectly! Why 3 & 4 passed stereo audio while 1 & 2 didn't remains a mystery, but I'm up and running, so just thought I'd pass along this potential workaround.
Old 01-05-2021, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Barker View Post
This thread's gathering some dust, but I figured I'd do a quick post to help round out the options: my OMNI HD is typically setup for 5.1 mixing, but I need to do occasional non-Pro Tools stereo monitoring on this same machine. I tried using the optical/TOSLINK solution (Mac out to OMNI in) but could not get audio. Clock source issue, maybe? Other than basic cables, I didn't have enough extra equipment to test things further, so I switched gears and went for the analog solution (Mac 1/8" out to OMNI TRS 1 & 2. That config only got me Left channel audio, as reported by another user here. Absolutely NO clue as to what caused that issue, and no luck adjusting Hardware or I/O paths to get the Right channel working. So... I routed the analog signal to the OMNI TRS 3 & 4 inputs, and it worked perfectly! Why 3 & 4 passed stereo audio while 1 & 2 didn't remains a mystery, but I'm up and running, so just thought I'd pass along this potential workaround.
Hey Bruce. I have 2 OMNIs with busted mic pre for 1 & 2. This might sadly be the case for you. However, regarding your optical for monitoring, that should be an easy fix. Go to hardware, must have a Monitor set up (for your 5.1). You could set up your down mix options from there, too. Then, go to your Mixer tab. You'll see Optical (S/PDIF) there. If it says ADAT, you need to change your settings on your "Main" tab, under "Digital 1-2 Input Format: Optical (S/PDIF).

•2019 Mac Pro 3.5 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon W - 48 GB 2666 MHz DDR4 (OS 10.15.5) •HD Native PCIe, HD Omni, 192 I/o, Pro Tools Ultimate •Avid S3 + Dock •Blackmagic Intensity Pro (HDMI) •5.1 Room with JBL LSR4300 series

Additional Systems

•2010 Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon - 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 (OS 10.14.6) •HD Native PCIe, 192 I/o, 96 I/o, Pro Tools Ultimate •McMix (x4), McControl (x1), JLCooper Surround panner for D-Command ES, Avid Control •Blackmagic Intensity Pro (HDMI) •7.1.4 Room with JBL LSR4300 series

•2017 MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz i7 - 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 (OS 10.14.6) •HD Native TB, HD Omni, Pro Tools Ultimate •McMix (x1), McControl (x1), Avid Control * or * D-Command ES Main Unit •Fed into whichever system is the main system