Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2014, 09:22 AM

Default Need help with Busses,Sends,Inputs

Hey guys, I run Pro tools 10,Yamaha Motif Xf8, I am self taught. I do not have a working understanding of Busses,Sends,Inserts….I have been looking for tutorials,schematics,or anything that explains signal flow….where it starts,where it goes to,where it ends up, and how to set up i/o,sends,busses,inserts….I have been recording everything dry and sending it to the recording engineer,giving them free reign…but now I need to add effects……especially echo,and gated reverb……I don't know where to find echo,let alone implement it….any help would be greatly appreciated….here is my email addy…..Thanks!……Peace…..Jeff [email protected]
Old 08-17-2014, 09:48 AM

Default Re: Need help with Busses,Sends,Inputs

This is an offer Eventide gave out for a 30 day free pass to the groove3 tutorial site. You need to redeem before Aug 31. They have a ton of pro tools videos that will be of much help to you.

Just go to https://www.groove3.com/str/redeem_code.php and enter in the promo code: eventide30day

You just need to sign up and you will be all set to stream any video on the site as many times as you want for free in 30 days. I don't have anything to do with Eventide or groove3 btw just trying to help...
Old 08-17-2014, 11:26 AM

Glen, thank you so much,just downloaded all the videos, I still have questions,but it tells me what to do….big time help….cannot thank you enough…Peace!
Old 08-17-2014, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffj View Post
Glen, thank you so much,just downloaded all the videos, I still have questions,but it tells me what to do….big time help….cannot thank you enough…Peace!
Take advantage, aside from learning they can also inspire you to try new things!

:)
Old 08-17-2014, 01:16 PM

Def, agree, we are all on a journey to create,and progress,I have a history,as all of us do,for me, it's time,…hope it is for you also Glen….Peace!