Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #461  
Old 07-02-2019, 10:46 AM
xrekcor's Avatar
xrekcor xrekcor is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Australia
Posts: 761
Default Re: ProTools price adjustments from July 1st.

Hate to burst ya bubble but...... Actually I disagree, 171,000+ members with 7995 active members on this site alone.... I’d say your part of a vocal minority..... I mean really not much more than a handful of folks that are really complaining. The vast majority are just getting on with it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Bond View Post
It wouldn't surprise me if Avid recant on the $199 pricing. They are surely loosing a lot of customers already.

Stephen
__________________
Rob
———————————————————————————
MBP 15” 2018 macOS Mojave 10.14.6 Touch Bar and ID
2.2GHz 6 core 8 gen Intel Core i7 processor (TB’s to 4.1GHz)
32 Gb of 2400MHz DDR4, 1T SSD, Magic Mouse and Keyboard
Pro Tools 2019.6-23.# - HEAT applied, Cubase 9.5,
Yamaha TF5, UR44, BEHA4700
........and a bowl of M&M's
———————————————————————————
Reply With Quote
  #462  
Old 07-02-2019, 10:47 AM
Akiz Akiz is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 110
Default Re: ProTools price adjustments from July 1st.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Pretty unfair comparison as we all know Apple bought Logic to rip its tech to their FCP and to make it Mac-only as a perk to sell Macs to Logic users. They could even include it into their operating system and their bottom line would not get hurt as long as people keep buying Macs. With that said, Logic is a good MIDI sequencer and comes with Apogee HR22 dither, so as a one-time "plugin" cost it's good investment. But would I ever edit/mix audio in Logic? No. Not in a million years.
And the award for the most non relevant reply goes to you (once again!)

He said that with Logic Pro he paid x amount of money once and he still gets updates and features. With Pro Tools one pays year by year and gets little to nothing. Simple as that. People are spitting at you and you think it is raining??
What a drag!


Cheers!
__________________
Mac Pro 6.1 "Late 2013", 12 Core 2.7 Ghz, 32Gb Ram, 1Tb SSD, MacOs 10.14.4 "Mojave", Apollo Twin Quad, Avid Artist Mix, ProTools 2019.6.
Reply With Quote
  #463  
Old 07-02-2019, 10:53 AM
Akiz Akiz is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 110
Default Re: ProTools price adjustments from July 1st.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrekcor View Post
Actually I disagree, 171,000+ members with 7995 active members on this site alone.... I’d say your part of a vocal minority..... I mean really not much more than a handful of folks that are really complaining.???? The vast majority are just getting on with it.

LOL! Are you live in a bubble or what? Nevermind....the Avid cool aid has you.

In ProTools expert every comment is against Avid's new pricing, their FB Group is
full of people bashing Avid, at GS too and you still see a handful of folks complaining??

I think it makes both of you....people spitting at you and you think it is raining!
At least he is a moderator and will get an NFR to defend them....you get what???

Cheers!
__________________
Mac Pro 6.1 "Late 2013", 12 Core 2.7 Ghz, 32Gb Ram, 1Tb SSD, MacOs 10.14.4 "Mojave", Apollo Twin Quad, Avid Artist Mix, ProTools 2019.6.
Reply With Quote
  #464  
Old 07-02-2019, 11:09 AM
xrekcor's Avatar
xrekcor xrekcor is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Australia
Posts: 761
Default Re: ProTools price adjustments from July 1st.

Hahaha the main story on it there at ProTools Expert has 163 comments bahahaha yeah right I’m the one living in a bubble....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiz View Post
LOL! Are you live in a bubble or what? Nevermind....the Avid cool aid has you.

In ProTools expert every comment is against Avid's new pricing, their FB Group is
full of people bashing Avid, at GS too and you still see a handful of folks complaining??

I think it makes both of you....people spitting at you and you think it is raining!
At least he is a moderator and will get an NFR to defend them....you get what???

Cheers!
__________________
Rob
———————————————————————————
MBP 15” 2018 macOS Mojave 10.14.6 Touch Bar and ID
2.2GHz 6 core 8 gen Intel Core i7 processor (TB’s to 4.1GHz)
32 Gb of 2400MHz DDR4, 1T SSD, Magic Mouse and Keyboard
Pro Tools 2019.6-23.# - HEAT applied, Cubase 9.5,
Yamaha TF5, UR44, BEHA4700
........and a bowl of M&M's
———————————————————————————
Reply With Quote
  #465  
Old 07-02-2019, 11:26 AM
Akiz Akiz is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 110
Default Re: ProTools price adjustments from July 1st.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrekcor View Post
Hahaha the main story on it there at ProTools Expert has 163 comments bahahaha yeah right I’m the one living in a bubble....
I thought you didn't want to argue with me!
I guess, i am irresistible!


Cheers!
__________________
Mac Pro 6.1 "Late 2013", 12 Core 2.7 Ghz, 32Gb Ram, 1Tb SSD, MacOs 10.14.4 "Mojave", Apollo Twin Quad, Avid Artist Mix, ProTools 2019.6.
Reply With Quote
  #466  
Old 07-02-2019, 11:46 AM
xrekcor's Avatar
xrekcor xrekcor is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Australia
Posts: 761
Default Re: ProTools price adjustments from July 1st.

BS isn’t really an argument is it or may be it is in your world, and is that all you got.... the truth hurts eh’ tall poppies come to mind? I’m willing to bet that most of those commenters are not Avid users (may be previous users) but just Avid bashers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiz View Post
I thought you didn't want to argue with me!
I guess, i am irresistible!


Cheers!
__________________
Rob
———————————————————————————
MBP 15” 2018 macOS Mojave 10.14.6 Touch Bar and ID
2.2GHz 6 core 8 gen Intel Core i7 processor (TB’s to 4.1GHz)
32 Gb of 2400MHz DDR4, 1T SSD, Magic Mouse and Keyboard
Pro Tools 2019.6-23.# - HEAT applied, Cubase 9.5,
Yamaha TF5, UR44, BEHA4700
........and a bowl of M&M's
———————————————————————————
Reply With Quote
  #467  
Old 07-02-2019, 11:52 AM
xrekcor's Avatar
xrekcor xrekcor is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Australia
Posts: 761
Default Re: ProTools price adjustments from July 1st.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiz View Post
He said that with Logic Pro he paid x amount of money once and he still gets updates and features.
Pretty standard when you’re playing catch up.
__________________
Rob
———————————————————————————
MBP 15” 2018 macOS Mojave 10.14.6 Touch Bar and ID
2.2GHz 6 core 8 gen Intel Core i7 processor (TB’s to 4.1GHz)
32 Gb of 2400MHz DDR4, 1T SSD, Magic Mouse and Keyboard
Pro Tools 2019.6-23.# - HEAT applied, Cubase 9.5,
Yamaha TF5, UR44, BEHA4700
........and a bowl of M&M's
———————————————————————————
Reply With Quote
  #468  
Old 07-02-2019, 11:57 AM
Akiz Akiz is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 110
Default Re: ProTools price adjustments from July 1st.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrekcor View Post
BS isn’t really an argument is it or may be it is in your world, and is that all you got.... the truth hurts eh’ tall poppies come to mind? I’m willing to bet that most of those commenters are not Avid users (may be previous users) but just Avid bashers.
Let it come out my dear, that's the real you. Don't resist argue with me!
Confront my "BS" with your "truth"!


Cheers!
__________________
Mac Pro 6.1 "Late 2013", 12 Core 2.7 Ghz, 32Gb Ram, 1Tb SSD, MacOs 10.14.4 "Mojave", Apollo Twin Quad, Avid Artist Mix, ProTools 2019.6.
Reply With Quote
  #469  
Old 07-02-2019, 12:05 PM
seebee62 seebee62 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 31
Default Re: ProTools price adjustments from July 1st.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Reply With Quote
  #470  
Old 07-02-2019, 12:11 PM
xrekcor's Avatar
xrekcor xrekcor is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Australia
Posts: 761
Default Re: ProTools price adjustments from July 1st.

Yup that’s all you got

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiz View Post
Let it come out my dear, that's the real you. Don't resist argue with me!
Confront my "BS" with your "truth"!


Cheers!
__________________
Rob
———————————————————————————
MBP 15” 2018 macOS Mojave 10.14.6 Touch Bar and ID
2.2GHz 6 core 8 gen Intel Core i7 processor (TB’s to 4.1GHz)
32 Gb of 2400MHz DDR4, 1T SSD, Magic Mouse and Keyboard
Pro Tools 2019.6-23.# - HEAT applied, Cubase 9.5,
Yamaha TF5, UR44, BEHA4700
........and a bowl of M&M's
———————————————————————————
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Important Update on Upcoming Creative Tools Price Adjustments | 7.1.19 Avid General Announcements 1 06-27-2019 12:47 PM
Mbox Gain Issues and Protools Issues (Bounce to Disk and Knob/Pot adjustments) Lucky Bastard Getting Started 6 01-16-2014 04:29 PM
Protools 8HD upgrade price? pablotec Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) 20 10-08-2008 01:30 PM
Protools HD to "HD II" upgrade price speculation....? N.E.R.D Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) 2 07-12-2007 06:13 PM
G4 price drop in July? Mike Brosco Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) 28 07-10-2002 12:39 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:41 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com