Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 03-22-2011, 08:59 PM

Default Could not create a new document because Pro Tools could not set sample rate

could not create a new document because Pro Tools could not set sample rate to specified value"

Neither can Pro Tools currently open a 48k session it had opened before. Running on a MacBook Pro, PT 9.0.1

Any one else?
Old 03-22-2011, 09:17 PM

Default Re: Could not create a new document because Pro Tools could not set sample rate

Is your interface selected as the default Mac audio device?

If so, change it so that you're not using the interface for Mac audio.

Hackintosh - Gigabyte Z77X-UP5TH, Intel Core i7-3770K, 32GB 1600Mhz DDR3, 2x SATA 6Gb/s 240GB SSD, 3x SATA 6Gb/s 1TB HDD, 1x Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, Sierra 10.12.6.

Pro Tools HD 2019.10, Focusrite Red 8Pre, Mbox 3 (Mac)
Pro Tools 11.3.2, Mbox2 (Win 7)

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 03-24-2011, 08:15 AM

Default Re: Could not create a new document because Pro Tools could not set sample rate

The reality is, my setup runs fine if I have my Mbox 2 Pro hooked up. When I am super remote and WANTING to use the core audio, ProTools refuses to make a new session and when trying to start an old session I get:

Could not complete the Open Session command because ProTools could not set sample rate to specified value

Aaand I have trashed all of my DigiSetups.OSX, DAE Prefs Folder, ProTools Preferences, com.digisdesign.protools.plist, Digidesign Database folders and Volumes folder via ProTools Pref and Database Helper

No other programs are running (except this browser)

Also, when launching the setup app under Hardware Setup, the "Audio Devices" window comes upon the built in output with 0 in and 2 out as well as the Built in input and Built in Microphone tabs allowing you to set the sample rate and bit value. Once you hit the Digi CoreAudio Device once, the option to change the sample rate on the other tabs goes away.

Super curious, no?

Thanks in advance if you've an idea what kind of gremlin this one is.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:20 AM

This should now include my gear/setup list
I want to use the Mac out sometimes
MBox 2 Pro (Firewire)
Soundtrack Pro, Final Cut, Creative Suite
Old 03-25-2011, 05:53 AM

I would move this to the PT9 for Mac forum. I had this same problem when I got the Focusrite Saffire Pro 24. I went into AMS and set my default device first. I made sure my SR was set to my standard rate and opened up my "Test" session that I created when I first got PT9.

I had so many problems and did so much troubleshooting in the first 36 hrs. that I don't know what actually fixed what. I updated, clean installed, trashed prefs, repaired permissions, checked plug-ins, hard drives, etc, etc...

redtuxedo.com
milkmoneyconsulting.com
mindexpansiontechnology.com
Old 03-25-2011, 11:21 AM

Agreed. Do you know if there is an elegant way to move it over? Or is cut and paste the best way.

Thanks.

(I thought I WAS in that forum)
I want to use the Mac out sometimes
MBox 2 Pro (Firewire)
Soundtrack Pro, Final Cut, Creative Suite
Old 06-21-2011, 05:03 AM

Hi

I imagine you've solved your problem now but I've just been trying to solve the same issue and thought I'd chip in. I've been unable to start a new session with the same alert coming up, running Pro Tools 9 with the iLok but without any external sound card.

My solution I have just come across, was to change the "current engine" in the "playback engine" options (under setup) from Pro Tools Aggregate I/O to Built-in Output. This has now allowed to me to start new sessions and load old sessions, playing audio from my laptop speakers/headphone output.

Lovely stuff.

Jamie