Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 07-14-2011, 03:41 PM

Default PT 9.03 Video Won't Nudge

Long time fan, first time post... (I've stalked this place for years so thanks to everyone for all the great advice.)

I read through many of the threads here and I didn't see a solution consistent with my problem. I can't seem to nudge video at all. I'm selecting the audio and video track, my nudge value is set to frame, yet the audio nudges while the video stays put.

Someone at school said this was a known bug and I should contact Avid about it. It appears that I'd have to buy a tech support option in order to report and resolve this. So, just checking with you fine folks here first.

Thanks for any insight.

Jae

iMac, 3.06, 16GB, PT 9.03, Mbox Pro
Old 07-14-2011, 07:24 PM

Default Re: PT 9.03 Video Won't Nudge

straight 9 is very limited in what it can do with picture.
it's not a bug, it's the rub to get people to upgrade to CPTK or HD

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

PT11 System Requirements link http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/C...m-Requirements

Thank you,

Craig
Old 07-15-2011, 08:30 AM

It won't nudge with the +/- keys, but you can drag it or spot it. If you want to move it with the audio, Spot is probably the way to go. You're probably aware, but it has to start exactly on a frame boundary. It will snap to frames if you drag it, even if you're in Slip mode.

Nyquist was right.

PT 2020.3 Ultimate | Omni | macOS Sierra
PT 2020.3 | Saffire Pro 40 | Win10
Old 07-15-2011, 12:14 PM

The Frame Mode Is Tough To Get Used Too.... Once You Get Your Head Around It... It's Pretty Simple.... Although, It Can Be Clunky If, Your Trying To Spot Video On The "Down Beat" Of A Bar...
Old 07-15-2011, 02:21 PM

What you want to do is move the downbeat to where you want it to fall with the video.

Nyquist was right.

Old 09-14-2011, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daeron80 View Post
It won't nudge with the +/- keys, but you can drag it or spot it. If you want to move it with the audio, Spot is probably the way to go. You're probably aware, but it has to start exactly on a frame boundary. It will snap to frames if you drag it, even if you're in Slip mode.
I cannot seem to get the video to move any which way at all. I have tried spot, slip, and grid mode. I used the grabber tool and it just won't budge. If I import the video to a different start time - that gets me somewhere, but once the video is in the file - it just will not move. I cannot move the audio as it has measure and tempo changes and still needs to be added to. This is a simple process in Digital Performer and Logic - what's going on here?
Old 09-15-2011, 07:27 AM

I don't know. I've never had a video become unmovable. Are you synched to some external device maybe? Or there could be some odd combination of preferences that would lock it down. Not sure. I just tried a bunch and was unable to make video immovable on my system. Are you sure it's not Locked? Select the video, then under the Region menu, select Time Lock/Unlock. If it won't move then, I'm at a loss.

But in PT, tempo and meter can be freely moved, too. It helps if there's an audio or MIDI region that lies exactly on the first meter and/or tempo event - if not, you can make an empty one. Move the audio and MIDI to the new location. Set the Grid to Regions/Markers. Show the meter and tempo rulers. Select the meter and tempo tracks over the length of the whole session. In Grid mode, move the first event until it snaps to the head of the first region.

Nyquist was right.