Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2003, 12:00 PM

Default Newbie question on editing automation data

OK, so I just did my first mini project with ProTools yesterday (I did say 'mini' , and one thing I could not figure out was how to edit automation data numerically, instead of with the mouse. I had a volume change on a track and went to edit it in the edit window and, while I can select points, add points, etc., I could not figure out how to change the value of that data point. I had the view on "extreme", and one screenpixel's worth of movement resulted in a difference of .5db. I realize that .1-.4db is not terribly noticeable, but I feel like I should be able to just enter in the value if I know what it is and not have to play the mouse game. There's a lot of stuff like this in protools (having to play the mouse game), but most of the time it seems to allow you to just type the value in where appropriate. Is there an automation view I'm missing that just has the values in it?

I guess what would be ideal is to be able to select a region and say "make this region this volume".

Again, I'm obviously a total newb, but I DID RTFM before posting...

Dave
002R/PTLE 7.3.1