Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2003, 03:18 AM

Default Strange.. PT6.1 avalible in USA not UK ???

Im in the Uk, and cant find 6.1 in the uk

USA digistore
http://secure.digidesign.com/index.c...x&categoryid=7

UK digistore
http://secure.digidesign.com/uk/inde...categoryid=112

this mean i can order from america??
Old 07-16-2003, 05:26 AM

Default Re: Strange.. PT6.1 avalible in USA not UK ???

Thats about the size of it. Emailed Digi in UK and they are not ready to distribute in the UK yet. Probably won't be on the UK Digi Store either and of course the dealers are clueless (one swore that version 6 LE is Windows software and knew nothing about upcoming 6.1 release.) However as a UK resident who fortunately still has a US credit card and US address, I have successfully ordered my 6.1 from the US site and my buddy will mail it over express mail as soon as he gets it. If you are interested in getting one this way, I am happy to order you one but it had better be today or tomorrow. Total cost with postage and tax was $89.75 which roughly translates to £60. I want £5 to help defray the shipping cost so total is £65. I am in London. Email me at [email protected] and we can arrange for you to do a direct debit into my account and I can order one for you. Any other Brits, get on the bandwagon....avoid the VAT and get your PT LE 6.1 sooner rather than later.....
Old 07-16-2003, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by markus44uk:
Thats about the size of it. Emailed Digi in UK and they are not ready to distribute in the UK yet. Probably won't be on the UK Digi Store either and of course the dealers are clueless (one swore that version 6 LE is Windows software and knew nothing about upcoming 6.1 release.) However as a UK resident who fortunately still has a US credit card and US address, I have successfully ordered my 6.1 from the US site and my buddy will mail it over express mail as soon as he gets it. If you are interested in getting one this way, I am happy to order you one but it had better be today or tomorrow. Total cost with postage and tax was $89.75 which roughly translates to £60. I want £5 to help defray the shipping cost so total is £65. I am in London. Email me at [email protected] and we can arrange for you to do a direct debit into my account and I can order one for you. Any other Brits, get on the bandwagon....avoid the VAT and get your PT LE 6.1 sooner rather than later.....
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Cool so this will work with my 001 and XP ?
otherwise do you know how long ill have to wait?
Old 07-17-2003, 01:47 AM

yes it will work fine....exactly what I am running. I got an email from Digidesign yesterday and they say that European distributors should have the upgrades in the coming weeks so it is your call. Just let me know via email no later than today if you want to order throught the US