Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2007, 11:25 AM

Default Clicking sounds appear- not sample or clocking issue

I have been facing this obnoxious issue for a week now and I am going to throw this one out there...

I am getting random clicking/popping sounds rendered into my files. I will import a track to a session from a CD, some tracks will sound fine others will have intermittent clicks and pops. Or I will use the audio suite gain plug in, add 1 or 2 db of gain, and then clicks appear. I undo the gain change, clicks disappear. Or I will process a setting from an EQ 3 from the audio suite and it may add the popping sound. I undo the process they dissappear, re-do it and sometimes they don't appear the second time.

I am totally lost on this one, and it is a very important project with a deadline.... any advice is appreciated.

heres what I'm running.

PT LE 7.3.1 cs3
MacBook 2gig, with 2 gig ram, 10.4.10 (These problems existed with 10.4.9 as well)
Session stored on Western Digital MyBook with FW400
MBox Mini

thanks!
Old 08-01-2007, 02:18 PM

Default Re: Clicking sounds appear- not sample or clocking issue

Some more info:

Sessions are at 16 bit, 44.1 aiff. So there is no sample conversion going on either on import or export from PT.

Thank
Old 08-01-2007, 03:35 PM

Default Re: Clicking sounds appear- not sample or clocking issue

I've had that problem before.....

Try this and it should do the trick. Afterwords, restart your computer.

Delete Pro Tools preferences.
-Go to Users > “your user name” > Library > Preferences
-Delete 'com.digidesign.protoolsLE.plist', 'DAE Prefs' (folder), 'DigiSetup.OSX' and 'Pro Tools preferences'.
-Empty trash, then restart the computer.

Repair Permissions
-Quit Pro Tools and launch Apple's "Disk Utility" application, located in:

MacHD>Applications>Utilities.

-Select your boot drive (the whole drive, not the volume underneath the drive)
-Go to the 'First Aid' tab and select "Repair Disk Permissions"

Apple recommends doing this any time you install new software, update your OS or reinstall any software.

Databases and Volumes

This step can be useful when receiving random 'assertion' or 'neoaccess' errors, especially when recording or saving.

-Delete the Digidesign Databases folders on the first level of all mounted hard drives, then delete the "Volumes" folder in MacHD > Library > Application Support > Digidesign > Databases.

-Empty trash, then restart the computer.