Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2024, 02:47 AM

Default Re: PT 2024.3 | Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian Dragon View Post
"During testing for the latest version of Pro Tools, Avid software development teams found that the old M-Audio keyboard driver (originally created to support 2 M-Audio keyboard controllers that have been out of support for over 10 years) was causing unwanted interactions with other control protocols such as EUCON and HUI. It became necessary to remove the driver in Pro Tools 2024.3 to preserve performance, stability, and functionality for EUCON and HUI-based controllers."
I haven't had to read such a nonsense in a very long time. All of a sudden it causes unwanted interaction with other protocols, right....

So dear Avid, let me get this right, you still haven't implemented a way to use and customize third party controllers in Pro Tools but yet remove the only way I could use my Behringer X-Touch Mini with Refuse Software's incredible solution to that problem called Mulligan, which solely relied on the M-Audio Driver.

Why don't you just leave in the M-Audio Driver and simply deactivate it when Eucon or HUI devices are used?

I don't have enough hands to face palm my face by how frustrating this is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny_Cha_Cha View Post
Which is why Avid should buy Mulligan from Leigh and incorporate it into PT. People want to control plugins with knobs and Mulligan is the best implementation of this so far. If they want to ditch the M-Audio protocol, fine, but give us an alternative that won’t break the bank. Cost me about $100 to get it going w a X-Touch Mini (an actually good, original Behringer product.) got me off the mouse a lot more while mixing.

I am seriously considering not renewing my PT perpetual license tax when it comes up next time. I’ve been on PT since the late 90s.
I'm pretty sure they did this on purpose to remove Mulligan so that people are forced to buy their supported interfaces. A small stupid midi driver of a device they've supported for many years all of a sudden causes major instability with the whole DAW.....

It's beyond insane that it's 2024, they haven't implemented a customized way use midi to control the DAW and before that remove the only access we have to do so.

I'm also actually quite used to Mulligan and luckily, my upgrade plan is about to expire in the middle of April just in time.

Last edited by atticmike; 04-08-2024 at 03:08 AM.
Old 04-11-2024, 12:20 AM

Default Re: PT 2024.3 | Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian Dragon View Post
This sounds like you are having artifacts from previous problems persist through upgrading your OS. I would suggest a "fresh" install. That means making sure your have a full back up of all data, formatting the SSD, installing a fresh version of the MacOS (not an update from a previous version), installing the latest versions Protools, ensuring you only install plugins that are the latest versions and certified to work with your version of the OS and is native to Apple Silicon processors. Do NOT use any data migration utilities. Do not simply copy plugins, but install from newly downloaded installers. Hope that helps your situation.
Thank you soo much for the tip, but I think this doesn´t help.
Already tried it the last time about a year ago.
Interestingly the problem is most of the times managable by restarting the OS.
Sometimes even by changing playback engine settings.
Since one guy on another forum wrote, that re-niceing did the trick, I think it´s still an apple audio driver bug for the virtual audio interfaces in PT.