Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | Duet & Pro Tools | Quartet

Old 03-27-2019, 03:15 AM

Default Why is only 44.1 KHZ available?

Take a look at these screen shots.

The Avid Apogee Duet only lets me select 44.1 KHZ

While the stock Realtek Audio driver and almost every other interface I have used lets me select multiple options of sample rate and bit depth within windows

I have attached the two photos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot (2).jpg (42.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot (1).jpg (46.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-27-2019, 07:18 AM

Default Re: Why is only 44.1 KHZ available?

Are you attempting to use the Quartet for Windows sounds as well?

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 03-27-2019, 10:18 AM

Yes, and was already pointed out not to do that in another thread.
Old 03-27-2019, 12:32 PM

Which, I do not understand why not, because every interface I have used in the past has no issues running both windows sounds and ASIO (even at the same time)
By the way it works but I have to change the sample rate from 48 KHZ to 44.1KHZ (within the PT IO control Panel) each time windows starts.

I am very experienced with interfaces and especially on windows. I have used Windows since the beginning. Darryl Ramm maybe that was the case a long time ago, but most people use their interface for all the sounds coming from their PC. Whether WDM or Asio drivers.

This is a software issue from the PT IO control Panel. It should stay at whatever we desire. Once I change the sample rate to 44.1 then, no issues.
But it is at every bootup I have to change it. Not a big bug, but it is annoying and I think it could be easily fixed. Just add a start at which sample rate button within the PT IO control Panel.
Old 03-27-2019, 12:37 PM

Some interface drivers just do not support or not work well with multiple simultaneous clients. That is just how it works. It is not uncommon. It will not get changed (it’s a dead product as I explained before as well), so you will have to live with this or use a different interface. Heck given Avid’s other driver behavior I would not be surprised if this was not even tested or cared about.
Old 03-27-2019, 12:58 PM

The issue is not multiple instances of audio. That actually works fine. I can run youtube and Cubase, or any standalone unit fine.

Good to see I purchased an interface that is not supported. They might as well delete these forums then, right? Or maybe, just maybe they will scan through and offer some solutions. One can hope
Old 03-27-2019, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallon426 View Post
The issue is not multiple instances of audio. That actually works fine. I can run youtube and Cubase, or any standalone unit fine.

Good to see I purchased an interface that is not supported. They might as well delete these forums then, right? Or maybe, just maybe they will scan through and offer some solutions. One can hope
This is just one interaction where folks do not properly support multiple clients, even if the audio plays well. There are lots of little things to worry about.and other interfaces also show similar behavior to this. ASIO drivers may have more issues here that WDM, etc.

This is a user forum, Avid provides some support here, but if you want real support you are supposed to pay to contact Avid, but I would save my money on this issue.

I am trying to set your expectations for what to expect with the interface you have, it was a short term experiment by Avid who had struggled in the lower-end/consumer interface market and after this product rebadging attempt they effectively gave up, the old Eleven Rack is the only interface they still sell. Avid’s official end of life dates for your interface are end of sale:12/31/2016, end of support: 12/31/2021. Which to me means I would hope that Avid continues to provide basic driver updates to support new OS releases, but that is about it, I would not expect Avid to provide enhancements, and this request may be viewed more that way, especially since other Avid drivers do not play well with multiple clients.
Old 03-28-2019, 04:30 AM

Hey, look. Apogee sent me this. This is from their version of the Duet
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot (2).jpg (37.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-28-2019, 11:35 AM

Pity you don’t have an Apogee version, did you ask them why owners of the Avid versions cannot update/reflash the firmware in their Duets to be compatible with Apogee drivers?
Old 03-29-2019, 04:03 AM

You know, all it would take is an option within the PT IO control panel.
A select sample rate at startup option. Done.