Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 05-16-2014, 06:34 PM

Default Cannot see quick start template lists and other text [SOLVED]

I first noticed this when trying to create a session from a template that none of the lists are visible. I can see the category in the drop-down (i.e. Eleven Rack, Guitar, ICON, etc.), but not the list in the box.

But later on when I was trying to locate a missing file from a session I also could not see the text for any of the folders or files on my drive within the PT dialog box. Makes it very difficult to locate the file.

I thought maybe it would fix itself when updating from 10.3.8 to 10.3.9, but no dice. Wonder if it has to do with my system fonts or maybe some PT prefs?
Old 05-29-2014, 02:45 PM

Default Re: Cannot see quick start template lists and other text

I'm surprised I had such a difficult time finding any info on this. I can't believe no one else has run into this. I'll post my own reply in case someone else comes into the same difficulty.

Figuring this must be a OS/font problem I re-installed OSX, no dice. Completely un-installed PT and re-installed, still no. Feeling isolated and alone, I finally resorted to calling Avid. We threw out a whole bunch of fonts with Font Book. Tossed a whole bunch of PT prefs, and still nothing. Finally created another user and PT worked fine. But still couldn't figure out why it wouldn't work on the original user profile.

So before I recreate my entire user profile or wipe my laptop and try to rebuild from scratch I looked a little more into font problems. (Not being at all into graphic design I've never really dealt with font issues before - or cared).

Long story short, in my User/Library/Fonts folder I discovered a few fonts that were not in the other user's fonts folder - including Arial (of all things!). So I trashed those files and voila! Must have been some conflict between that font and something else. Who even knows how it got there in the first place, but it's gone now and I can see text again.
Old 05-29-2014, 04:39 PM

What an oddball thing to happen
Thanks for posting your experience.
Old 03-23-2015, 10:45 PM

I have been searching all over the place for this solution. It took an actual search using the forum's search to find this thread. Google couldn't find it.

After hearing about the fonts - I looked in my libraries as well. One Fonts folder was empty and the other had everything. I copied the fonts over and sure enough my templates came back!

This is so bizarre. Thank you guys so much! Phew.