Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Old 11-15-2005, 04:11 PM

Default Re: M-powered 7 now available

hey man am downloading this one coz my current download at the m-audio website suddenly froze gggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!! its soOOOoOooOOoo frustrating!!!!!this sux!... we'll here goes nothing... i'll just have to trust u then! hehe!!! did this update work on ur pro tools m-powered?

Pro Tools 11.2
Pro Tools 10.3.9
REAPER

MPTK2
ProFire 2626
Benchmark DAC1
Neumann KH 120 A
Avid Artist Mix
ASUS Sabertooth Z77, Intel i7-3770K CPU OC'[email protected], 32 Gigs RAM
Mac OS X 10.9.3 Mavericks

Old 11-15-2005, 04:36 PM

I'd love for a rep to chime in and try and at least explain what the problem is.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:11 PM
Administrator

Hi Everyone,

The original download locations were not able to handle the enormous server loads that the initial download requests were placing on them. We have just completed the hosting of these files on several additional distributed servers, and the downloads will now all go through those. This has sped up the downloads considerably.

We apologize for the initial problems experienced between late yesterday and now. That's the reason we had not made an announcement on the DUC prior to now, or sent out the update notification emails to registered owners. Those emails will be going out tomorrow.

The best place to get the information on the free updates is here:
http://www.digidesign.com/download/ptmp

Now linked from our Downloads page and elsewhere on the site. The download links there will take you to the distributed worldwide server downloads. The Pro Tools M-Powered 7 downloads on that page are not demo versions, they are full installers for M-Powered 6.8 owners. (demo versions are listed farther down on that page)

While we can understand why someone might have wanted to help out and post this download elsewhere, distribution of the sofware without express legal permission is not allowed by the software license agreement.

Because of that, we will now be removing the links to outside downloads posted by well-intentioned users.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:21 PM

thank you digidesign admin, as I'm sure most people were aware there was indeed a fixable problem, it is very nice to see it in writing.............

now, I must leave and go download
Old 11-15-2005, 05:30 PM

I lied, here I am again

The sheer joy of a 2 and 1/2 minute download is hard to beat........thanks digi........
Old 11-15-2005, 05:34 PM

Good look on the proper download. Is the installer that I just downloaded the same as the one from yesterday? This new one is named ptmp70.zip while the one from yesterday was Pro_Tools_M-Powered7_Setup.zip.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:16 PM
Administrator

Exact same installer EXE inside, just a different zip file name.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:44 PM

i just finished downloading from the m-audio site but its only 63 something MB and when i tried to extract the file its corrupted...is there somewhere else i cud download this update...i've already spent a whole day trying to download the update and still nothing...

Pro Tools 11.2
Pro Tools 10.3.9
REAPER

MPTK2
ProFire 2626
Benchmark DAC1
Neumann KH 120 A
Avid Artist Mix
ASUS Sabertooth Z77, Intel i7-3770K CPU OC'[email protected], 32 Gigs RAM
Mac OS X 10.9.3 Mavericks

Old 11-16-2005, 02:05 AM

stupid question southbound........did you use the link about 5 posts back? Thought I'd ask just in case.

My download was 88mb.......I'm guessing that for some reason it didn't download properly (ducks as objects are thrown at him out of frustration)!!!!!!

Not bragging, but with the server fix that digi did I got my download in less than 3 minutes.....so I think that is fixed. I'm not sure what dialup speed is at............

Hope ya get it fixed........
Old 11-16-2005, 08:44 AM

Quote:
i just finished downloading from the m-audio site but its only 63 something MB and when i tried to extract the file its corrupted...is there somewhere else i cud download this update...i've already spent a whole day trying to download the update and still nothing...
Just keep trying unfortunately. You did not get the whole file, this happened to me. It took 7 tries to get the whole thing.

Tom