Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)

Old 11-21-2019, 07:22 AM

Default Can anyone help? Protools stuck on offline bounce

Hey guys im new here so I apologize if I'm posting wrong or in wrong forum. Im having the most frustrating issues with my system. I guess ill start with the specs
MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2019)
2.4 GHz Intel Core i9
32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
OS 10.14.5
Im running protools

with thunderbolt magma chassis
Express box 3t
with my hdx card in it

connected to two hd I/o's

So its not every session and its not all the time. basically a session will work fine then it won't. If I reboot or trash prefs it doesn't seem to change the outcome. the session may work again it may not.
Avid support told me to remove a certain plug in which I tried and it still happens. It seemed to help when I committed all the tracks then bounced but again it happens after a bit.

This weekend I traveled and I had to do some work while I was gone. I opened a few of the same sessions (that I was having issues with in my studio with hdx as playback) on the same laptop using the internal speakers or headphones and they work fine no issues at all. So its obvious at this point its something on the hdx side.
Its worth noting that this is offline bounce related online.The same sessions that I have an issue with work fine online bounce no matter what the environment. Any ideas guys?????
Old 11-21-2019, 08:12 AM

Default Re: Can anyone help? Protools stuck on offline bounce

Hi, welcome to the community.

So what exactly is happening? You have a session which you can bounce realtime but cannot bounce offline, right?
Old 11-21-2019, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Hi, welcome to the community.

So what exactly is happening? You have a session which you can bounce realtime but cannot bounce offline, right?
hey thank you. Yeah it gets caught at the end of the bounce then protools freezes and stops responding. I have to force quit. Only happens in offline bounce. If I do online it works fine. But its not the same session every time. Also when I went to protools aggregate instead for he hdx the same session with the issue works fine
Old 11-26-2019, 10:14 AM

yes it isn't related to one particular session. sometimes it happens sometimes it doesn't. Online works fine but offline gets hung up at end then I have to force quit. this only happens with hdx playback engine. I'm not having this issue with the playback as aggregate or internal etc