Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 04-10-2018, 10:37 PM

Default Digidesign Control 24?

Hey fellas wondering if you could help me out. I just went to turn on my control 24 and it doesn’t turn on. It was just working fine yesterday didn’t act Wierd at all it just stopped turning on today. Any advice thank you.
Old 04-11-2018, 11:02 AM

Default Re: Digidesign Control 24?

Anyone please. Any help is appreciated
Old 04-11-2018, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by primomusic View Post
Anyone please. Any help is appreciated

Hi,

Almost definitely power supply unit which is removable. Could be any component so you'll need to have it check by an electronics expert or avid service center. Unless you are able yourself to take it out and check it over. there is a slight possibly its something simple but sounds like component failure from what you describe.

Most electronic repair centres won't need the whole unit just the power supply if you can take it out yourself it will make it much easier. its about 14-16 screws on the back of the unit to remove it and about 10 cable connections which you'll need to label so you know where to put them back on.

You have checked the fuse or tried a new power cable?

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 04-11-2018, 01:00 PM

Hey Chris thank you so much for the response. Do you think it might be a fuse. I was loading protools and than it just stayed stuck on DAE menu. Than my control 24 went from being on to just turning off and than it didn’t want to turn on anymore
Old 04-11-2018, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by primomusic View Post
Hey Chris thank you so much for the response. Do you think it might be a fuse. I was loading protools and than it just stayed stuck on DAE menu. Than my control 24 went from being on to just turning off and than it didn’t want to turn on anymore

Hi,

From memory there are some fuses on the power board but its rare for them to just pop once the unit is on and working they usually pop when turning on or if there's some power disturbance power surge or power drop etc. plus if one of the power bridge fuses had blown other parts of the desk will stay on, but what you describe is sudden death of the whole unit so if its not the main fuse then its almost definitely power supply component.

I have had power supply issues about 5-6 times over the past 10 years. never had sudden death like you have but still its always the power supply that causes issues.

Probably not an expensive part just needs an expert to diagnose and replace the component. ask around where you live for someone who repairs electronics or musical instruments. as i said they should only need the power supply to be able to test for component failure.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 04-11-2018, 02:28 PM

Wow thank you Chris for your help! Appreciated it
Old 04-11-2018, 08:41 PM

I’m gonna take to deltronics here in Chicago to look at it. They charged $75 just to look at it. If it’s just a fuse that’s gonna be one expensive fuse replacement lol
Regardless I wouldn’t even know what fuse to replace anyway