Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2010, 07:49 PM

Default Re: 8.0.4 is out.

Same here with 002R and blinking light when it stopped working. After a few reboots it started to work but the tracks that I recorded previous was playing back a click early. I think its time to update my 002r real soon.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:57 PM

Hey guys, I have a question(excuse my ignorance).

I was never able to get version 8.03 running on my 64bit Windows 7 laptop. Kept getting blue screens and crashes during installation process. So how do I get the officially compatible windows 7 upgrade(8.04) on my system?? I'm so confused and scared, lol. Please help!
Old 07-07-2010, 08:02 PM

To start, turn off or unplug the interface. Don't hot swap. Uninstall the 8.0.4 driver if you have it installed. Restart and install the new 8.0.4 update following the instructions on screen. Pray. See what happens and report back.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 07-07-2010, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
To start, turn off or unplug the interface. Don't hot swap. Uninstall the 8.0.4 driver if you have it installed. Restart and install the new 8.0.4 update following the instructions on screen. Pray. See what happens and report back.
8.0.4b driver that is. It will PROBABLY show up in Programs and Features as Version 8.0.3, but that is the correct one to uninstall.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 07-07-2010, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parisstudio View Post
Same here with 002R and blinking light when it stopped working. After a few reboots it started to work but the tracks that I recorded previous was playing back a click early. I think its time to update my 002r real soon.
The blinking light SHOULD indicate that it is working correctly. Thats how the 003R works too. The Host light will blink upon boot of the PC. The blinking does not stop until some audio is played through it, either in PT or any other app.

If you got to the speaker icon in your system tray. Right Click the icon. Choose PLAYBACK Devices. Do you see the 002 Listed as an option. If so. Make it the Default Audio device and see if you can play Windows Media Player through it or something like Youtube ect...

IF if works. Go through the tray and DISABLE everything that is showing up for the 002, ie. IN 1-2, IN 3-4, IN SPDIF, then go to Recording Devices and do the same, disable everything 002.

Launch PT with Run As Admin, what happens?

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 07-07-2010, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonB View Post
I must be really dense. I'm at what seems to be the download page,

http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...p?DocId=365003

but I don't see the actual download link.

Help?
And then click on where it says "VIEW ALL DOWNLOADS".
Access Virus TI Polar :: M-Audio Profire 2626 :: UAD-2 Duo :: UAD-1
Old 07-07-2010, 09:27 PM

Works like a charm!
Old 07-07-2010, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasse78 View Post
The 1394 "led" on the front of my digi002 blinks when connected to the built in firewire, dead when connected to my firewire card :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parisstudio View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
The blinking light SHOULD indicate that it is working correctly. Thats how the 003R works too. The Host light will blink upon boot of the PC. The blinking does not stop until some audio is played through it, either in PT or any other app.
The HOST/1394 LED should definitely not be blinking at all in it's normal state, as that is an indicator that something is wrong. That is a status indicator. When a connection is made, it will be solid green, which indicates a communication between Pro Tools(or another application) has been successfully established via firewire. It should be solid green or completely off. If it's blinking, that is suppose to be the indicator that the 1394 connection is not being made and there is a problem somewhere. This incorrect HOST/1394 LED indicator could very well be a bug or an "oops". I'm sure DTS will probably chime in on this as it's an indicator that has been changed from prior versions of Pro Tools, which is apparently causing some confusion.

**Edit - After running some tests, this appears to be a hardware status indicator bug. Once a firewire communication is established for the first time and then the app closed, the blinking stops and behaves as it normally should in previous versions of Pro Tools, which is completely off or solid green. The incorrect status indicator doesn't appear to effect anything else other than communicating an incorrect state. Avid will have to be made aware of this.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 07-07-2010, 10:09 PM

ahhh 8.04 sucks that it the last version for windows xp but being that it's ready 4 win 7 i guess it time to upgrade my gigabyte mother board to one that holds more ram.

Windows 7 ultimate
PT 12.5
Www.Facebook.com/melthovenbeats
Old 07-07-2010, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melthoven View Post
ahhh 8.04 sucks that it the last version for windows xp but being that it's ready 4 win 7 i guess it time to upgrade my gigabyte mother board to one that holds more ram.
It's the last version for XP on LE and M-powered. It will still move on in HD after 8.0.4. Vista on the other hand will be completely dumped on all versions after 8.0.4, and good riddance to it. It can go join it's long lost cousin Windows ME. XP will still have a little more life past Vista, but just on HD only.

This is a good thing actually. Supporting 7 operating systems, which they are currently doing, is not good for development at all and quite the waste of resources. Soon they'll be able to just focus on two operating systems only. It will benefit us all in the end.

W7 started off with very bad performance when it came to running PT initially. Avid Audio did their job and optimized PT for W7 quite well out of the gates, which is a first, as in the past we took quite the performance hits as we moved on to new Operating Systems and higher versions of Pro Tools. Instead of advancing like we should've been, we were going back in time taking performance hits. There's still some needed polishing here and there but they matched the performance in XP, and far surpassed that of Vista. We can bid XP a good farewell knowing we're moving on to something better. It had a pretty good run with Pro Tools.

Farewell to XP, good riddance Vista, and hello to Windows 7 64.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit