Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 06-04-2019, 05:08 AM

Default Field Recorder Matching Channels Resulting in Wrong Channel Name

I just received an AAF from premiere which opened ok. Its not the first Premiere AAF I'm working with and I am used to having all field recorder tracks channel names set to "MixL" (or to whatever the field recordists set their first tracks name to) by default and then to manually match each clip I want to have with the correct channel name on. (Just in case that wasn't clear: I receive a timeline with lets say six tracks of a recording, all channel names showing "MixL"; if I want to make sure I really selected the boom-track, I right-click one of the tracks, select the track named "boom" from the field recorder match menu, and this way work my way through a session.)

My problem today is that the AAF/session I received not only shows the usual "all channels named the same" phenomenon, but additionally does not show any different channel names for the matching field recorder tracks it offered. They also all show "MixL" only under channel name. I am linking to the original production sound files that show correct channel names in Soundminer, WaveAgent etc. Is there any way to change this behaviour?

Working on Ultimate 2018-7 right now.

Thanks!
Old 06-05-2019, 08:14 AM

Default Re: Field Recorder Matching Channels Resulting in Wrong Channel Name

Ultimate 2019-5: no change.
Old 06-05-2019, 10:54 AM

One work around would be to conform one channel of the polywav for each clip and then expand that track to get the rest (with the metadata intact)
Mac M1 Studio Ultra 64GB RAM OSX 13.6, PT Ultimate 2023.12 HDn, MTRX Studio, 2x Avid S1, PT Dock...
Old 06-05-2019, 11:47 AM

Yes, thanks, I was about to go the Ediload when fiddling again with the match criteria brought up the right files. I think it must have been a strange mixture of an 2018-7-bug and match-criteria-problems. I'm good now.