How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-27-2013, 10:32 PM

Default Buying a computer

hey guys, I recently made a post regarding a lot of issues that I've been having with pro tools

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=343972

Everyone in this thread had a lot of different ideas, but it supposedly came down to the 8mb memory cache on my motherboard.

Now I've bought a solid state hard drive with a USB 3 connection and still no luck, so my next splurge will most definitely be a new computer.

My question for you guys is, can you tell me everything I need in a laptop to have pro tools running smoothly? There seem to be so many factors and variables that a non savvy guy like me can't figure it out. I have a fear that I'm pouring money into this thing just to find out that the next laptop I buy has some other thing wrong with it that I have to go out and pour more money into. I want a list of spec requirements that I can take to a computer guy and be absolutely (or at least be 99% sure) that the computer will work with pro tools. I'm happy to pay as much as I need to spend, I just want some security and peace of mind that what I buy WILL be a working pro tools machine.

So yeah, if someone could give me a FULL list of specs I that need for a windows laptop that would work with pro tools, I would be super duper grateful.

EDIT: I know a lot of people will probably tell me to just look up the pro tools system requirements on the avid website. I would do this, but there are no actual system requirements on this site, only examples of laptops that work with pro tools, which is pretty poor if you ask me.

PLEEEEEASE people, I'm really desperate. I can't find this info anywhere and if I don't get a response from you guys then I have no clue where to start looking

Last edited by Paul Nelthorpe; 09-28-2013 at 06:10 PM.