Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 07-22-2002, 11:28 AM

Default Re: 2" Transfer into 192--the original timeless classic. Accept no imitations...

Amazing! Perseverence does pay off. It seems that this thread is actually generating some useful information. I don't think 315 posts was too long to wait!
HD 2 Accel
PT 7.1cs9
192 I/O
Old 07-23-2002, 12:27 AM

Default Re: 2" Transfer into 192--the original timeless classic. Accept no imitations...

Quote:
Originally posted by davip:
Amazing! Perseverence does pay off. It seems that this thread is actually generating some useful information. I don't think 315 posts was too long to wait!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You're a patient man. That's all I can say.

Lynn Fuston
3D Audio Inc
Old 05-09-2003, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lynn Fuston:
PS: If this drags out much further, people can just listen to my next comparison CD (3D ADC CD) and see how HD compares to an 888|24, and IZ next to Apogee, Cranesong, Prism, dB Tech, Swissonic, dCS, Metric Halo, Weiss, Benchmark and many more. I wasn't planning on having a 2" machine in the lineup but there will be one there. I'll be in the studio on June 15th. But the CD won't be out until later in the summer.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Believe it or not, the ADCD is about to be released. Heck, it's 7 months late and still beat Mixerman to redoing the test. 28 converters, three different sources, 2 Redbook CDs of samples. Over two hours of music.
Old 05-09-2003, 10:11 PM

Quote:
But the CD won't be out until later in the summer.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Wisely, you didn't specify a year. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Lee Blaske
Old 05-12-2003, 06:03 PM

Hello. Well I guess I came late to the party. One year late. A year later and still no test. HmHHmHH!??!!?? I wonder what happened?

I loved this particular exchange.
Quote:
That is correct... flat tested equipment doesn't mean it will sound anywhere near flat or good for that matter.

Right... but when someone says "6dB down at 60Hz" that implies a problem with "flatness" (good old-fashioned scientific flatness), as opposed to audiophile-speak.

Any audio discussion quickly becomes bogged down in audiophile-speak. It's the "get out of jail free" card of audio debate.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">This sparked a whole train of thought and an eventual discussion with friends. It all ended up on this topic that I started. If interested in the old Science vs. Art fiasco follow the link.

Deep Thoughts...or not!