Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2006, 10:29 PM

Default PT freezes when activating click track

For some reason, i get home from work tonight, and all of a sudden cant open the project ive worked on for the last week.

I go to open the file, and it loads most of the tracks and inserts....the just freezes when it starts loading the click insert
it is the first project ive used with a click track....but all other projects open fine. I even went to one and inserted a click track, saved it, closed it, reopened it...and it was fine.

I've checked the plug-in folder to make sure the plug-in is still there.

cant open any of my session file backups either

this is very frustrating...i have had this for about a month now...lost 2 other projects i had spent a fair amount of time on..poof! gone into thin air i will go bezerk if i cant correct this...i spent my whole week of vacation time messing with this.

pleeeeeease offer a suggestion!!

thank you!
Old 08-28-2006, 10:37 PM

Default Re: PT freezes when activating click track

Here's a great suggestion.

Reading over this thread will be much quicker than spending anymore future time troubleshooting and once you've optimized your system properly you should avoid future frustration too.

Go here: Mac OS X - Pro Tools LE Compatibility and Troubleshooting Sticky

Deleting the Digidesign Databases would be a good start. It's all in that sticky, good luck.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:50 AM

Default Re: PT freezes when activating click track

I went through all the suggestions from that post....i have all my settings configured as described there, i deleted the files i was supposed to....

still just freezes when opening the project....

" restoring tracks...
activating inserts: click "

is where it stops loading

in my previous post, i incorrectly stated that i had no other projects with a click track. i do have one other small project that i have about a minute of drums ( 5 tracks) to a click track...and that file opens fine.