Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2017, 09:08 PM

Default No success with Cedar DNS one. Am I missing something.

Hi All.

I am seriously thinking of selling Cedar DNS one. I just cant seem to get the results I would expect. In a nutshell, I don't really like it, I have tried and tried, and used different techniques and settings. I find I am just getting better results faster with Izotope RX 6 advanced. I just don't get all the hype. By the time I get the attenuation I want which is not too heavy handed, I am getting noticable sonic degradation. I have been told if I know how to use it I will get great results, I follow my ears and I have also tried many different things, the software is not overly complicated, website says it has a learn function which I can not see perhaps that will help. Now this thing cost me $6360 Aus after tax which is $4,821.93 US. Now I understand it is not cpu intensive which is great if you instantiate on a track but thats not really a part of my work flow. I will often create a new playlist and destructively edit audio region with the duplicate in playlist if I need to go back a generation. It definetly works I can just hear the sonic fidelity get scooped out and I only clean transparently.

So I am hoping I am missing something and get to experience better results as to me the software is just not cutting the mustard in terms of my expectations as I am getting better results with Izotope Rx advanced 6 which has a tone more other functions and features like learn, adaptive, reduction curve etc...

I am happy to keep both, but at the moment I just cant get anything out of it DNS one I cant with other plugins so it looks like unless I am missing something it maybe time to loose the dead weight. I met a dialogue editor at park road post, yknow lord of the rings, hobbit, king kong, tin tin. He is also getting better results with Izotope.

I am thinking I can sell and better use money elsewhere in build. Any advice before I sell??