Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S4/S6

Old 04-26-2017, 05:36 AM

Default Copy/Paste User Soft Keys

Have searched the forum but not found the answer I need.

Is there no way to copy and paste a user soft key from one user slot to another.

For example: I've set up a bank of soft keys to open up various audio suite plugins. These were all set up but our S6 now has a Mac connected to it rather than a PC. I need to alter each soft key to add in another 2 steps and will have to do it all manually as I can't see a way to copy and paste any of the 'Key' boxes in the Soft Key Editor section.

Is this possible???

It would also have been a lot quicker to set up all these in the first place as continually having to select 'special key' when you need 13 down arrows and then the next plugin is 15th in line so you have to then enter 'down arrow' 14 times rather than copy and paste and add one more special character.

Seems like a really silly limitation to me

any help greatly appreciated

cheers,
James
Old 04-26-2017, 06:16 AM
Avid

Default Re: Copy/Paste User Soft Keys

Greetings,

Check out the Drag and Drop EuconLayouter standalone application from Sonic Monk:

http://www.sonic-monk.com/euconlayouter/index.shtml

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MTRX FAQ
Old 04-26-2017, 09:26 AM

Default Re: Copy/Paste User Soft Keys

Cheers Jeff. So Avid don't have their own one then? I'm not averse to third party software and $39 ain't bad but spending 10s of thousands of £ on a system and then not being able to do something stupidly simple (I assume it must be simple, see below) without having to buy extra software seems ridiculous. Ho hum

Anyway, whilst having an easy afternoon I decided to go through the docs and found out where the XMLs are kept on the S6. It's fairly easy to modify the XML and I've even managed to copy some of my user settings to my colleagues soft key settings and make some custom PNG files for some unique user icons!

Anyone else thinking about doing this don't be afraid to change any appset XMLs. All you need to do is make a copy and if what you try doesn't work just revert back to your original file
Old 04-26-2017, 09:43 AM
Avid

Default Copy/Paste User Soft Keys

Indeed, it is absolutely feasible to use an XML editor as well. I didn't mention it as it can be intimidating for some. If things get sticky simply revert to Factory Defaults.

best,

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MTRX FAQ