How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S4/S6
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2016, 11:40 AM

Default Can not assign module hardware

Hi,

Just got an S6 today (m10-8-5), and I have updated to 2.11.
When I try to configure the surface modules, it ask me to touch a knob or fader on the first module, but nothing happens.
I watched this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXYOLmQtn94
When he does the same thing, all the knobs/buttons light up on all modules, nothing happens on mine. The faders resets when i start the console, but never seen light in any of the modules.

Oh, also: the buttons under the touchscreen dont work, or does the surface need to be configured for those to work?

I have have a randon "false touch" at the top of the monitor, tried recalibrating but nothing helped. Maybe I have a faulty main module?

I tried another power supply, just to make sure it got all the power it needs...

Any ideas?

I tried to phone avid support, but ended up getting a voicemail (after tons of entering numbers and stuff)
Old 05-05-2016, 05:41 PM
Avid

Default Re: Can not assign module hardware

If the modules aren't lighting up there is probably no DHCP server on the network (so they aren't getting IP addresses). The Master Module can provide DHCP to the system if you connect a cable to Port 2 on the back (this is on the rear panel to your Right if you are looking at the back). See p.57 of the S6 Installation Guide for additional help with this.

For support you can call 888-456-3444 (all phone numbers are available here: http://www.avid.com/learn-and-suppor...-music-support) and use the System ID of your S6 as the PIN.

I hope this helps!

-Rich
Old 05-06-2016, 11:35 AM

Default Re: Can not assign module hardware

I misunderstood something in the setup guide, but your response got me thinking and I knew what was wrong.
So I have a working S6 now, thanks :)

About the "false touch" bug: I have been in contact with my dealer today and he has been in contact with Avid, and I get a new main module next week...