Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2012, 12:54 AM

Default Change from Audio Card to Firewire in Win 7 64

Hi, I just changed my Audiophile 192 to a Firewire Device in Windows 7 64, but everytime I start PTools 10 it says something has changed or is using the audio device and boots me out. I Have tried the delete prefs under Roaming and a reinstall of PTools 10 but it still boots me out. I have uninstalled the sound card, and still the same thing. Any Advice Please I'm stuck!
Old 07-04-2012, 01:55 AM

Default Re: Change from Audio Card to Firewire in Win 7 64

On start up , hold down the n key when you see the splash screen and see if you can select the new few interface...

Pro Tools | latest
Mac Mini Server | OSX | Current
16GB Ram | SSHD
Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt
Old 07-04-2012, 03:51 AM

Ok I uninstalled the audio card, then removed the preference files, and when starts up, as long as I don't change the sample rate past 256 it's ok. The problem is the sound is horrible, distorted, then when I move the sample rate to 512 cleans up sound beautifully. Then pt10 tells me hardware changed, need to reboot, I save all, then reboot, then it says audio device not found or being used in another application then boots me out again.

The device I am using is a presonus fire studio. Any help please
Old 07-04-2012, 07:06 AM

Ok, I think you mean to be saying you are changing your buffer size, not sample rate. That's important because it might be pointing to a system resources thing...

Do you have another programs running in the background that are using the fire studio? ...making it unavailable for pt?

I have seen some threads relatEd to having to restart when changing buffer sizes, and I'm sorry but don't know the solution to that, as I have not had tht problem...

Keep this thread alive, be patient, do ALL of the recommended set up optimizations/trouble shooting and someone will come along with a solution for ya...

Pro Tools | latest
16GB Ram | SSHD
Old 07-05-2012, 04:20 AM

Well still same problem, don't know what the problem is but it is deffinately attributable with the combination of the persons fire studio, along with the audiophile 192 khtz card. It's frustrating because other daws work perfectly with the combination, except for the one I love to use PtT10... Anyone?...
Old 07-05-2012, 06:36 AM

Do you have any other programs running in the back ground that would prevent PT from accessing the FW interface?

Pro Tools | latest
16GB Ram | SSHD
Old 07-05-2012, 08:24 PM

Smile Re: Change from Audio Card to Firewire in Win 7 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbo55 View Post
Ok I uninstalled the audio card, then removed the preference files, and when starts up, as long as I don't change the sample rate past 256 it's ok. The problem is the sound is horrible, distorted, then when I move the sample rate to 512 cleans up sound beautifully. Then pt10 tells me hardware changed, need to reboot, I save all, then reboot, then it says audio device not found or being used in another application then boots me out again.

The device I am using is a presonus fire studio. Any help please
__________________________________________________ _______________

OK found the fix.. Because I was using a Native Card, needed to rerun the 64 HD Driver, all is well and good. Now I'm upgrading to 7200rpm W/Digital s3 1tb HDrive. Just to make sure I have all in place