Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2006, 11:27 AM

Default G4 to MacBook, now iLock license expired?

Hello everyone

I went from my G4 to black MacBook, now when i start Pro Tools says my license expired?
I click on renew and i end up in a loop till im been forced to cancel and quit., i had some sort of challenge or use from card choices but none work.

Can anyone tell me what i need to do in order to get M powered Intel working here,

please Advise.
Joe

For the details of what happened please read here;
1- i had copied my G4 Mpowered pro tools to my Macbook, basically my old user,
2- i decided to download the intel version and update my old one since i had expand there allready and all,
3- it would not install, so i un installed the older version.,
4- it finaly installed,
5- bt when i start pro tools i get this anti piracy message i am stuck with now.
Old 11-12-2006, 06:26 PM

Default Re: G4 to MacBook, now iLock license expired?

Quote:

1- i had copied my G4 Mpowered pro tools to my Macbook, basically my old user
I think that was where things got hosed...you really need to do a clean installation of the software and plugins from scratch. For people going from Power-PC to Intel Macs, I've read numerous reports that trying to use Migration Assistant seems to result in a sluggish system with a lot of weird problems.

If I were you, and assuming you still have the old machine handy, I would start back from the beginning: format the drive in the new machine, do a clean install of OS X (a good opportunity to do a custom-install and leave out all the stuff you don't need), and reinstall all your software from the latest available installers.

That was how I handled my own PPC-Intel migration for Pro Tools, and it went off without any problems.

Mac Pro 8x2.8gHz, 4gb RAM, M-Audio Projectmix I/O, Pro Tools MP 8.0
Old 11-12-2006, 08:53 PM

Actualy this is how i got the software to install in the first place, i un installed and clean installed.

But again, I am getting this message about the iLok key, saying my pro tools m powered has expired, I also syncronized the key with the iLok site and it says nothing is on it, do you still suggest i do a clean install?

I just spent 5 hours of my day to get a hardware dependant pro tools 7 up and running, after 2 years of not using digi products i thought it would get faster to get up and running on these m powered low end systems they offer, but it seems they are harder to set up then PT HD systems, nice work guys, why not stop selling them at all if yo dont want anyone to use your products.

please let me know any ideas you may have to help digi tech support direct a reverted pro tools user like me who is behind on avids sufisticated long learning curve copy protection scheme, no offense to anyone PERSONALLY., but you have to admit its not getting easier to use.

Thanks
Old 11-12-2006, 10:31 PM

That's pretty scary...now I don't have a clue as to what might have happened. Sounds like somehow your iLok authorizations got zapped. I certainly hope Digi CS is able to straighten it out for you.

Not a comforting feeling to have hundreds or possibly thousands of dollars of software at the mercy of some piece of plastic with (possibly temperamental) chips in it.

Mac Pro 8x2.8gHz, 4gb RAM, M-Audio Projectmix I/O, Pro Tools MP 8.0
Old 11-14-2006, 10:50 AM

Well i guess they assume im gonna return it and buy a HD system if i realy realy want Pro Tools, the test proves that you realy realy want PR and willing to pay for it too isnt it?

And who knows why no one answers my emails, maybe they will call back ilok keys and Mpowered digi kits or they dropped m powered support now., no excuse yet to this one.

The store allready replaced the first copy of Pro tools with this one, the first one was allredy registered when i tried to register online, so someone else had it allready., yet the box was never opened., this is in SPAIN so it is not anything new.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:23 AM
Avid

You should contact the UK Tech Support office for assistance with this. They'll be able to determine what happened and get you sorted.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:41 PM

Hey

The store i go this from in spain tells me to go to the M-Audio site to re register my M-Powered Pro Tools, but i can not find this any where at all.

anyone have any suggestions?